Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 3rd Annual Shenandoah Valley BBQ Fest - Oct 18-19, 2013

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Smokin-n-Style will be there. Who else is in? Will we make the 49 team limit?

Smokin-n-Style will be there. Who else is in? Will we make the 49 team limit?

Hi Lee. After speaking with Tom a few weeks ago he was thinking 25-30 teams, but you never know. We will be there, its less than a mile from my house so if anyone has any questions I can run over to the fairgrounds and speak with them in person.

I will say that they are asking for 50 pounds of meat (raw weight) for peoples choice and they want us to serve all afternoon starting at 2 or so. I was planning on doing peoples choice but that is alot of work. It does have a $1000 pay off though.

I mentioned this on the contest announcement but I am going to cook 50+ halves of chicken on the open pit friday afternoon for brethren and other teams for dinner.

Craig, we looked at doing PC, but we just don't have the pit capacity for 50 lbs of extra meat.

We did the PC the first year. Not going through that again. Besides, I don't have the room on my pit for an additional 5 or 6 butts.

We worked our butts off trying to keep up with the line that formed for BBQ samples.

315743_2523294328830_474867087_n.jpg

We did the PC the first year. Not going through that again. Besides, I don't have the room on my pit for an additional 5 or 6 butts.

We worked our butts off trying to keep up with the line that formed for BBQ samples.

I remember that.....you and the team on the other side of us were still working after we were cleaned up and sipping Orange Crushes.....

Fire & Spice is in, looking forward to meeting some new brethren, we don't get down that way too often.

All- I've ordered 80 Halves of chicken for Friday. I will be cooking them all afternoon and have them in the cooler so they will be ready after the cooks meeting. Stop by and have a beer once you get set up. We had a fun year and this will be our last comp of the season so I wanted to step it up a notch and enjoy some old school pit chicken with the brethren. I'm up for a keg if there is any interest....

For those who have cooked this comp before, is water available at each site or do I need to haul it in buckets?

Back