Smoke Signals magazine help

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi!

With the second issue of Smoke Signals right around the corner, we are looking at issues 3 and 4 and planning content. If you have an article that you would like to submit, we would love to hear from you!

We have a few requests regarding submissions.

1) Please don't do any work on the article until after you hear back from us. We might have someone working on something similar and we don't want you to have put in your time and hard work for something that might not be published.

2) Please ensure that you have the rights to anything that you submit. We love to have photos and recipes to accompany articles, but we need to make sure that we have permission to use them and the names of the people to credit.

3) We generally work on an 8 week schedule. If you are interested in submitting something but aren't sure if you will have it done in time, let us know. We would be happy to discuss any time limitations and can easily shift most articles to a subsequent issue if we know far enough in advance.

4) We are in specific need of tailgating articles.

5) We do not accept reviews from people that are associated with the manufacturer (or publisher). We need objectivity.

6) We don't publish articles that have already been published elsewhere. Writers do retain full ownership of their work and are free to have it published elsewhere upon the release of the issue following the issue with their article.

We look forward to hearing from you. Smoke Signals is a BBQ Brethren publication and we need your help to take the magazine to where we want it to be.

Eric

Not so much of a writer, but I am a professional photographer in the KC metro area. Would be interested in helping out if needed and can fit into my schedule.

Cheers! - Woody

Thanks Woody!

Please send me your contact info at smokesignals at bbq-brethren dot net

We could definitely use your help.

Eric

Back