BackYard Bayou Cookin'

BayouFrogCake

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I know this ain't about Q but I wanted to share with you all my diversity in the culinary arts...:heh:

This is from my annual Superbowl Party - Nawlins Style

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 264
If ya'll get an itch to try this, I have a good hookup that ships those bugs live via airline and at a very fair price. I ordered 60 lbs this year and I only had maybe 2 pounds that I couldn't cook. Healthy bugs!

Niiiiiice! We can only generally get the tails over here, despite our waterways being riddled with American crayfish that are destroying the banks. No idea why we don't eat them more, I need to get me a trap

Niiiiiice! We can only generally get the tails over here, despite our waterways being riddled with American crayfish that are destroying the banks. No idea why we don't eat them more, I need to get me a trap

same here in the Netherlands, i'm planning to trap those bugs myself even as it's concidered illigal to catch them...
strange given the fact they are unwanted exotics where i live you're not allowed to catch them :crazy:

YetiDave.
I saw young Hugh Farnley-Whittingstall do a programme on them a while back. Red Signal ones I believe..... man there was literally tons n tons of them in about 10 mtr strip of stream so a big feast is guarandamnteed.

I wish we had em in N.Z. .... the native ones are rare as hens teeth and its nigh on impossible to get a feed of them.

Muzza in Perth with the under arm bowlers...

Glad I don't have to ship seafood. I'm down in the heart of Cajun country.
The bugs look great as does everything else. Boiled a sack of bugs last weekend. Now it's time for crabs.

same here in the Netherlands, i'm planning to trap those bugs myself even as it's concidered illigal to catch them...
strange given the fact they are unwanted exotics where i live you're not allowed to catch them :crazy:

Over here you need a license to trap them and once you've caught them it's illegal to put them back :shocked: I'll have to look up that programme!

same here, exept you are allowed to catch them with a fishing rod as it is not an endagered species.
traps and nets are considered only to be used by comercial fishers and they don't target them as its to much work to cook and clean them for the money they bring in

Awesome!!:thumb:
They are a blast, we did one this spring after our trip to NOLA and it was the talk of the neighborhood.:-D (Did I mention we live in farm country too? :laugh:)

20130518_165604_zps8ce8e0fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What/who's seasoning did you use?

Would love to see your crab boil!!

Glad I don't have to ship seafood. I'm down in the heart of Cajun country.
The bugs look great as does everything else. Boiled a sack of bugs last weekend. Now it's time for crabs.

Hahn...a brethren from the bayou! I have about 20 people who ask me on a regular basis if I am gonna have my annual Super Bowl cookout. They are addicted but I only give it to them once a year...lol

Yum on da crabs bro...post some photos!

Awesome!!:thumb:
They are a blast, we did one this spring after our trip to NOLA and it was the talk of the neighborhood.:-D (Did I mention we live in farm country too? :laugh:)

20130518_165604_zps8ce8e0fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What/who's seasoning did you use?

Would love to see your crab boil!!

I used a combo seasoning...I got free bags with the order and used them plus added liquid crab boil concentrate (zattarans) and straight cayenne. Tamed it down a bit for the shrimp. Plus I have some "gingerly" palettes I had to consider...

Love the pic...we used to do them all the time back home, but living in Florida, it get rather pricy to have them too often so I made it a Super Bowl tradition. Geaux Saints 2013!!!

Back