• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cambro Carriers

G

GratefulSmoker

I'm needing to buy a cambro for my catering business and for competitions. Why models do you all suggest that would be good for both? Also, where is the best place on line to purchase them? Thanks!!

How much food are you going to put into a Cambro? The major issue I see is finding the right size.

Try restaurant equppers.com. I think 400 series is what you need. If you are catering you are going to need more than one. I have 4 and use all four for groups 150+.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you said the 400 series Big Brother, thats the size that I was thinking of going with. There is a guy in Oklahoma City that has two for 200.00 a piece...going to try and buy both of them. Thanks!

I'm needing to buy a cambro for my catering business and for competitions. Why models do you all suggest that would be good for both? Also, where is the best place on line to purchase them? Thanks!!

Search Craigs List, they are always on there.
I just checked all over Oklahoma, nothing on there now. But...

I have used both the 300 and 400 sized units. Main question is this: Do you plan to move them loaded? If so, I would go with the 300 sized units, if not, then the 400 is the best bet.

If you have a Restaurant Depot by you, they are on sale this month for a great price.

Pete

what ^^^ said, I only got one thing to add, you will never regret buying them. I got mine at restaurant depot for 184 new, the regular one, not the big one.

I own the 400 series cambros. You can put 4 full 6" deep trays in there or if you don't mind stacking, you can fit 6 full sheet alluminum trays. I do this when I have rice or tri-tip. I just fill to the rim of a tray and cover with foil, so that there isn't a mess at the bottom of the trays.

Those 400's do get heavy, best loaded and unloaded by two people when they're full.

This is what I use. Definitely overkill but I got it for $135 on ebay from a local guy, so no shipping. It weighs about 130 lbs empty. Holds 16 full size deep pans.

Cambro.jpg

Back