• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

So my smoker tried to burn my house down...

DirtyChurro

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The connection at the propane burner failed and started burning the paint off. My 11 year old son came home from school, saw it on fire, called me, shut off the propane tank, which was "spewing fire like a flamethrower", and beat the small portion of the porch that was on fire with a shovel before I could get there. He's my hero. :clap2:

You sir are very very lucky that your son came home and tended to the problem.

Dayum!!!! Talking about a close call!!
Glad to hear everyone's safe after that one.

Better to be lucky than good, as they say. Good job by the boy!

I don't understand- how was the propane on? Did you leave it on while away?

Your son is a calm young man. To act quickly and calmly like that? Impressive

Big time cudos to your son!!!!!!

Also a very good cautionary tale for us all, we tend to get "to comfy" with our fires sometimes, you gotta keep a close eye on things ALL the time!

KC

This kinda seems like one of those candle in the window sill stories.
What was your propane pit doing on while nobody was at home?

Take him to your local fire station,I'm sure those guys would be more than happy to show y'all around, bring everything full circle for the hero of the day

Sometimes I think I'm being too much of a ninny when I point out to people the risks in their setup. And then I hear stories like yours. :twitch:

I used to roll as a paid on call firefighter and rolled on the occasional grill gone bad.

Please put yourself more than one mistake away from disaster. We all make mistakes. Don't put yourself in a position where that mistake results in disaster. Fire in a garage, porch, on a deck or too close to a structure is just a bad idea waiting to teach you a lesson.

/rant

I'm glad your son was there to intervene.

Beer run eh?

It was actually a legitimate, last minute appointment with a dietician who is helping me with my diabetes. I just recently got on an insulin pump, changing from daily injections, and I needed assistance with programming it. I hadn't planned on leaving originally. I wish it was a beer run. Alcohol is hell on diabetes...

That is so cool that your son took control and did what was needed to do. Really good for his confidence and self esteem. Great life lessons are hard to come by. That is a good one!

Holy chit! Good to hear that everyone is safe and the house is ok. Now grill that kid his own porterhouse - he earned it!

It was actually a legitimate, last minute appointment with a dietician who is helping me with my diabetes. I just recently got on an insulin pump, changing from daily injections, and I needed assistance with programming it. I hadn't planned on leaving originally. I wish it was a beer run. Alcohol is hell on diabetes...

Sorry for the comment I made, I was just joking around.

Good to hear you and your family are safe....im sure he already knows but this might bring you and your son closer with Grilling/Smoking foods so you can watch eachothers backs more too.

Back