View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Pork/Pig Shot Appetizers

My co-workers love to celebrate birthdays with potlucks and I've been providing them with wings, MOINKs, ABTs, fatties, smoked meatloaf, ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. I try to keep a rotation going so I'm not bringing the same stuff all of the time (despite their addiction to MOINKs) so when I saw some recent posts on these "Pig Shots" and "Pork Shots" posted places including here and here I decided to try a batch.

In the early morning hours today I assembled 58 of these bacon wrapped around kielbasa discs (little "shot" glasses), piped in some cream cheese and topped with a brown sugar/rub combo:

I overslept a bit this morning and needed to make up a little time so this morning's cook was going to be in the OTP with a lid temp at just about 300 (usually a little cooler at the grate). Actually, I cook my MOINKs at a similar temp as well so I figured these could be done in probably under 90 mins.

After about 75-80 minutes of indirect cooking they were ready to go to work with me (well 55 of them went to work, 3 were part of a Quality Assurance testing at home):

They were pretty tasty and were well received at the office! These were a little on the sweet side so I'll be doing some testing with some hotter rubs, a little less brown sugar, and maybe some of the popular ABT fillings in the future.

Thanks for looking and thanks to those who've posted these "shots" before!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->