Smoked Prime Rib Roast prOn :-)

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just getting around to posting my last prime rib on the Weber. Sorry the pics are a little hazy, I took them from my phone. Basically, I slathered it with butter to adhere the herbs de provence, smoked with Grove Lump and a little bit of hickory for good measure. 270 degrees (+/- 20 degrees lol) for about 5 hours. I let the roast come up to room temp as I got everything ready, thus the shorter cook time. Bon Appetit!!!

prraw.jpg

prbutter.jpg

prsetup.jpg

prcooked.jpg

prsliced.jpg

prplated.jpg

Okay.... 270 for 5 hours.

What was the "pull" temp... 130-140?

It certainly looks delicious. I've always thought that cooking beef long, low, and very slow yielded amazing results, ever since I was gonna broil a burger once, and this girl I was just atarting to date did the "pop-in" to me: I put the temp down to barely warm and forgot all about it (the pop-in worked out well). Later that night, I found the burger still cooking..... very slowly. I thought.... what the hell, I'll try it. It was downright amazing!

Betcha that roast was too. man, makes me hungry seeing such great work!

Okay.... 270 for 5 hours.

What was the "pull" temp... 130-140?

It certainly looks delicious. I've always thought that cooking beef long, low, and very slow yielded amazing results, ever since I was gonna broil a burger once, and this girl I was just atarting to date did the "pop-in" to me: I put the temp down to barely warm and forgot all about it (the pop-in worked out well). Later that night, I found the burger still cooking..... very slowly. I thought.... what the hell, I'll try it. It was downright amazing!

Betcha that roast was too. man, makes me hungry seeing such great work!

Methinks it was about 130-135 IT before resting. The wife doesn't like things quite as rare as I do, even though I now have the kids properly trained! The time is plus/minus, I didn't watch the clock too well on that one.

Back