• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The $32 Dollar Steak - Pron

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

My Birthday the other day was a wonderful event but, well, considering what I do someone thought they should take me to a steakhouse. Now I Hate steakhouses as more often than not, with exceptions being maybe Ruth's Chris and The Butcher Block in Tennessee (order the Steak cooked by them), I am always dissatisfied with either the Taste, and if not that the value.

This one place, Perrys in Friendswood had a Porterhouse that was maybe 3/4 inch only and though they said it was 16 It looked a lot like 12. They say it was aged in their own "Aging Lockers" and it was small, tough, wasn't cooked right, not particularly flavorful (I am sure it was wet aged - which - isn't really aging at all really), and worst of all $32. Potato was extra.

Anyway, my son's behavior that day earned him a trip to the Van for the first time in his life. It was funny, my wife laughing as I took him to the van crying, entered it and she was looking for the van to rock a bit. He got his first taste of "what happens when daddy says "you want me to take you to the car?"

Anywho.... the purpose of this post is photographic proof of why you should not go out for a steak. PLUS I GOT A NEW NIFTY DIGITAL CAM, Cannon Powershot SX10 IS.

View attachment 30745
Steak with Popdaddy's Butt Glitter (Now Facing Down on the Grates) on one side and Bovine Dirty Dalmatian Rub on the top side.

My wife got CHOICE BONE IN ribeyes, 1 1/2 thick for 16 bucks! Here is the Pron.
View attachment 30746
Butt Glitter Up

View attachment 30747
Three Steaks Lending Their Juices in a Rest

I think the price was maybe $3.69 on special. One of the best Gas Grilled steaks I have ever had. Maybe a decent pan seared steak could beat it. RibEyes lend themselves to pan searing and carmelization quite well that you cannot attain on a fire grill.

View attachment 30748
Mom Now Understands the Value of a Dollar - The Whole Meal Cost Under $30

View attachment 30749
Joey (16 months) Looks at my Vittles

View attachment 30750
Son Jake Eying My Steak

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking vittles Funk.

And all I have to do to get my kids to behave in public is to put my arm around their shoulder and ask "Do I need to take you to the van?" They too know what will happen when we get there, because it has happened to all three of them.

did jake get the trip to the van for eyeing your steak like that? Ive had similar situations where I had to beat down someone for looking at my food..

Is a pre-emptive strike before they reach out and grab it. :)

Fine looking steaks. Capital Grill is a good steak house and a little less pricey than Ruth's

That steak fills up the plate just right and looks great doing it!

Beautiful steaks! I don't need to go to the car any more. I have found that a little pinch of the nice tender meat on the back side of an arm could straighten mine up real quick.

Great lookin' steaks there! I couldn't eat all of one of them though, but I'd sure try! :smile:

I actually chuckled aloud at the photo of your son with that big A$$ steak in front of him.
And if it makes you feel any better, my 3 year old KNOWS what it means when his dad says "you want me to take you to the car"...guess what, he always ends up at the car.
Steak looks Mahvelous !

Nice pron funk!
Funny reading this. Stopped by my Dads house after work saturday, and he said he was buying if i wanted to go out for dinner. I suggested cooking steak instead. Fired up the chimney, ran to the store and got a flatiron and a couple of spuds. Had a fresh sliced tomato from the farmers market. All for six dollars. Who needs restaurants?

Paul

I used to do a great Steak seasoned with a little salt pepper after it sat in the juices of an overripened tomato.

Probably most of us here can cook a better Steak than most
Steak houses. Part of the attraction of going to a Steak House it that
you get to go and have fun, make a mess, then walk away and let them
clean it all up.

Last January, a fried and I went out for our Birthdays....We went to
"Ted's Montana Grill"....we had the Buffalo Ribeye with Asparagus and
Mashed potato's. It was great...price wasn't bad either.

Good job on the home cooked steaks....they're hard to beat.

Nice BIG steaks! Glad you got a Digital Camera, glad to see that it takes great pron.

Back