Lets talk turkey! Let see the pron because I know you have it!

The morning after turkey day. :)

9tiath.jpg

here's some last year's t-day pron - smoked turkey w/a duck thrown in for good measure.

DSC03261-1.jpg

DSC03262-1.jpg

DSC03268-1.jpg

Well...I say this from the bottom of my heart.....PHARK YOU GUYS FOR LETTING ME SEE THIS THREAD!!!!
I'm heading to my Moms.....

:wink:

holy crap guys everything looks amazing!!! this will be my first year with the UDS so i'm going to give it a go and hope for the best :)

This is from a few years back, but we've done it this way every year since!:p

18-20 pounder on a Fosters can
turkey2.jpg

TurkeySmokedOnVertical.jpg

Sorry, my photography skills are in no way on a par with Ricks!
N8, that gumbo looks awesome!

holy crap guys everything looks amazing!!! this will be my first year with the UDS so i'm going to give it a go and hope for the best :)

That is why I did this thread! We are here to help and learn. As you travel through the journey here in Brethrenville you will learn much. So as you adventure blossoms and you make your attempt at whatever that you have seen here or anywhere else ask questions. We want you to succeed and not fail. (Exception of most of Shanes briskets) But he is getting better with the help of Wyatt.

We are a family we share and learn. We joke and sometimes get pissy. This site is more than just a forum and you will find out quickly of how special this place is to be a part.

thanks Ashmont! i've been lurking around here for a few months and now that i have my UDS up and running i can't stay away :-D i try reading as much as possible before asking questions because i know how annoying it gets answering the same questions over and over again :razz: thanks to all the brethren that makes this place what it is!!!

Momma just said she want's a beer can turkey this year.

No problem baby!!

Here's one I just did last Sunday - all that's left is bones for turkey soup (and there's only two of us!) - Smoked Turkey - Don't like it any other way now.
turkeyday034.jpg

That is why I did this thread! We are here to help and learn. As you travel through the journey here in Brethrenville you will learn much. So as you adventure blossoms and you make your attempt at whatever that you have seen here or anywhere else ask questions. We want you to succeed and not fail. (Exception of most of Shanes briskets) But he is getting better with the help of Wyatt.

We are a family we share and learn. We joke and sometimes get pissy. This site is more than just a forum and you will find out quickly of how special this place is to be a part.
Many thanks Ashmont! I'll have to show this thread to my wife since smoked turkey is her absolute fave and maybe it will be the inspiration to actually get that smoker b4 TG is here!:-D

Here is one I did years ago on my stickburner, followed by a couple of breasts I did recently on the WSM. Photography ain't as perty as others, but the turkey was good:

13Alldone.jpg

b10.jpg

ok fellas I think all this turkey pron is awesome, however... Im not learning hot to do this. I would assume everyone is brining, cuz other wise that bird will be dry, but do you cook it hot like chiken, or do you go low and slow?

ok fellas I think all this turkey pron is awesome, however... Im not learning hot to do this. I would assume everyone is brining, cuz other wise that bird will be dry, but do you cook it hot like chiken, or do you go low and slow?

Poultry takes smoke very easy, so be careful with wood. I cook mine just about like in the oven and do not brine.

Back