View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt_Pirate View Post
I can't seem to find anybody who has Mortons tenderquick local to me.
If you order it, be careful to check the shipping costs associated with Tenderquick from Canadian dealers. I have heard some unusual stories about inflated shipping costs. In the US, a 2# bag of TQ costs about $7 or $8, and can be shipped to Canada via First Class mail for another $7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
Does anybody know if Prague powder has an expiration ? I have a bag upopened that's about 5 years old . As well as a few boxes of buck board bacon cure that are also 5 years old
You should be good to go on the Prague powder. It doesn't have a shelf life, it has a half life. Heheheee. Seriously, as long as it has been kept dry it will last a good long while.

The Buckboard may show signs of age such as caking and some packets will look darker than others. I've talked to Hi Mountain about this and they say the product is still good, it's only the spices / seasonings that have darkened over time.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is online now   Reply With Quote