8Lb. butt w/ Steph's Simply Marvelous Season All w/ PRON

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Finally! Smoked one of the 69 cent/lb butts I got last weekend.
I rubbed generously with Steph'e magic powder (You've GOT to get this stuff for the blend's aroma if no other reason - it's that good). Rubbed and let sit in the fridge overnight, brought to room temp and smoked from 10 AM to 8:30 PM and pulled at 190. (Last hour was at 340 - the max temp I could get in 55 degree ambient temp) Let cool for a bit, pulled with forks and hands and then SAMMICHES.
We wound up picking off the equalivent of a couple sandwiches while pulling, we just couldn's resist. The rub made for a fantastic edge after the pull explaining the previous sentence! Thank you Steph!!! I will be ordering.

Here's your pron:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 291
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 1,661
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 290
Them some good looking buns right thur,speaking of buns I'm missing a pic if you know what I'm talking about....:wink:
Nice job Guerry and Big Bro'!

Oh my! That just makes me tear up. Looks excellent.
We are in the middle of a Nor'easter and there's no way I'm cooking like that for a few days. I'm hugely jealous!

Those sandwiches look excellent. I could definitely knock a couple of those back. Great job.

Did you use a mustard slather first, or is the yellow tint from the rub?

Did you use a mustard slather first, or is the yellow tint from the rub?
No mustard, the color altered after the file transfer - originals don't show that tinge of yellow. Just rubbed, wrapped in foil and fridged. The rub had no problem sticking even without a mustard prep and there was very little residue in the foil prior to smoking! I DID debate about it though based on what I've read and seen on this site (Thanks for your videos Pop Daddy Channeler!)

Looks great, how Ironic, I have the exact same sauce setup for my sammiches. Funny thing is I don't really care for Corkys , sauce but it keeps winding up in my house??? So I keep eaten it. Guess its the wifes go to sauce, cuz the price. When I shop I grab Willinghams. You ought to give it a shot.

Looks great, how Ironic, I have the exact same sauce setup for my sammiches. Funny thing is I don't really care for Corkys , sauce but it keeps winding up in my house??? So I keep eaten it. Guess its the wifes go to sauce, cuz the price. When I shop I grab Willinghams. You ought to give it a shot.
I love Willinghams. The wife bought the Corky's (More irony). I really miss John's restaurant. Strangely enough, I also LOVE Top's sauce, if not their que so much. Occasionally go in and buy a quart.

Last edited:
Back