Contest Announcment Freeze Your Christmas Past Off Rib Challenge - December 4, 2011 - Teams and Judges Needed

Red Valley BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Oil City, PA has added a rib competition to the annual Christmas Past celebration. This competition will directly benefit the Oil City Weed & Seed Program. The program's purpose is to enrich the quality of life and create a safe environment for persons residing in the Weed & Seed Target Area by implementing community-based comprehensive multi-agency strategies to "weed" out violence and drugs, and "seed" the area with educational, recreational, social, residential, and economic opportunities.

Entry fee is $20 per team and there is prize money for the top 3 places:
1st - $150 and a trophy
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Entry fee also includes one event t-shirt. Additional shirts can purchased at the event.

standard rules will apply. Only difference is propane and electric grills and smokers will be allowed. :doh:

Teams can call Kristen at (814) 516-0335 with questions or send registration to the address listed. I can also try to answer any questions here.

Judges that are interested judging can send me a PM or email me at redvalleybbq@yahoo.com. Judges will be choosen in order they sign up.

Entry forms can be found here... http://oilcityweedandseed.org/Documents/2011%20RIB%20CHALLENGE%20Registration.pdf

Seadog, who couldn't use some rib practice in December. If I wasn't running this shindig, I'd be practicing too.

Just some FYI, there is a hotel located about 150' from the contest site. It is an America's Best Value Inn. http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1677

There is also a Holiday Inn Express, a Super 8, and a Quality Inn within 8 miles depending on your taste in hotels.

I know for sure there will be electric. I will check on what the city has planned for water and let you know ASAP.

There's a craft show that runs all day saturday that the wife might enjoy. What's better than a birthday shopping spree?

Sal,

There will be water available. Whether it is running or via water buffalo won't be known until a day or so before the contest. The city has a water spigot in the park, but they usually shut it off for the winter months. If it is warm enough, there is a chance it could be turned on, if not, we would have a water buffalo on site for water needs.

Back