You guys that cooked Washington......

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The advisory board asked me to post this. What would you like to see added or changed for next year, bearing in mind that next year will be all on a more level surface.

Overall they did a great job.

A couple things that would be a big benefit: water hoses run out for teams to connect to, electric drops not 20ft in the air, a few more porta potties.

We had a great time, and really didn't have any complaints. The 1:30a parade of drunks was a blast with the Police presence on site. That kept anything from happening. That is something to definitely be sure of again next year. The 6am cleaning of the Market bathrooms was great. The parking was good. The festival music and hours was good. A meat market, seafood market, grocery store, restaurants and coffee shop all within minutes walk was also great. Really that spot is terrific for a comp, minus the hill of course!

Overall they did a great job.

A couple things that would be a big benefit: water hoses run out for teams to connect to, electric drops not 20ft in the air, a few more porta potties.

We had a great time, and really didn't have any complaints. The 1:30a parade of drunks was a blast with the Police presence on site. That kept anything from happening. That is something to definitely be sure of again next year. The 6am cleaning of the Market bathrooms was great. The parking was good. The festival music and hours was good. A meat market, seafood market, grocery store, restaurants and coffee shop all within minutes walk was also great. Really that spot is terrific for a comp, minus the hill of course!

Short of the parking lot situation, the location was great. I walked two blocks to the grocery store to get some supplies. How often do you get that?

The security and public were great. No issues ad saw security and local PD many times. The volunteers were always available when you needed them. The rest room at the Farmer's Market was probably the cleanest and nicest public rest room I've ever seen.

Even in the new lot, there's not a lot of room for the contest to expand or accommodate a lot of big rigs. But for the size it was, I think it went as well as any first year and many multiple year contests I've been to. Aimee and company did a great job. It was obvious the committee listened to York and Brinker because it was pretty cooker friendly.

We could have used more trains. :eek:

I thought everything was thought out very well. Nice job.

Jeff i just realized I never paid for the two bags of ice I got.

Even in the new lot, there's not a lot of room for the contest to expand or accommodate a lot of big rigs. But for the size it was, I think it went as well as any first year and many multiple year contests I've been to. Aimee and company did a great job. It was obvious the committee listened to York and Brinker because it was pretty cooker friendly.

There will actually be 2 new lots. One in now a field across the street from the newly paved one, to the west.

Back