Sides with Brisket?

lhommedieu

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm planning on entertaining friends for a Saturday lunch and would like suggestions for some sides with a brisket cooked the night before. (I know that some would just prefer some sliced bread, but I would have to convince my wife - that's a no go lol.) Some ideas that I have include:

corn bread
collard greens
mashed potatoes
mac and cheese
oyster casserole

Any other suggestions?

Best,

Steve

It always Beans n Potato Salad around Here. :mrgreen: We Sometimes add Broccoli n Cauliflower so we can say we ate some Veggies.

Smoked mac and cheese
german potato salad
jalapeno and cheddar corn bread
sweet potato latkes
grilled or roasted root veggies or gords

You Show up here this is what you get with my brisket>
Jalapenos
Pickles
Sliced Spanish onions
Cheap azz white bread or Flour Tortillas
Charro beans
LoneStar

BBQ aint fine dining! Put your Boxers on and tell the little woman your having white bread if she don't like don't eat it.

Last edited:
BBQ aint fine dining! Put your Boxers on and tell the little woman your having white bread if she don't like don't eat it.[/QUOTE]

:thumb::clap2:

You Show up here this is what you get with my brisket>
Jalapenos
Pickles
Sliced Spanish onions
Cheap azz white bread or Flour Tortillas
Charro beans
LoneStar

BBQ aint fine dining! Put your Boxers on and tell the little woman your having white bread if she don't like don't eat it.

lol. My wife is a force of nature...

Thanks, guys, for your suggestions.

Best,

Steve

I like beans, greens, cornbread or Texas toast. If I go farther, it would be German potato salad, at least what I call it. Of late, I am not sure of my recipe being correct.

Beer baked beans, salad, corn bread, baked potatoes (sometimes smoked as well)

Cole slaw, fried okra, greens, beans. I could go on and on with what I like. It is what you like that matters.

Back