Does anybody else?

DevineSwine

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Use a divider in there weber kettle to indirect cook? I made one out of sheet steel and its the only way I cook now. I get the coals nice and hot then I throw my protein's over the hot portion to sear then indirect to finish. I cook chicken thighs 1.5hrs and they are fantastic.

Big ass disposable aluminum pan, shaped to fit. Divides the hot/cold zones, helps keep the airflow through and over the coals AND serves as a drip pan at the same time.:thumb:

I use the charcoal baskets that came with the performer as the barrier between the hot coals and the cold zone.

All the time on my 26.75 OTG, usually "split" firebricks (1-1/4"X4-1/2"X9") standing on edge to divide the area in 1/2 so I can do indirect then reverse sear. I also recently tried this:
006_zps62b6a6bc.jpg

Found a cheap used ($3.00) 16" no-stick deep dish (+/-2" deep; enough to keep to coals where I put them) pizza pan at my local restaurant supply place. Used it for a spatchcocked 12-1/2 pound turkey - only used about 1/2 the snake for a 3-1/2 hour cook.
008_zpsd9675f99.jpg

Yep, I use some left over fire brick. I should take the time to miter them though...:oops:

You will also notice I put my smoke wood on top of the grate instead of in the coals.

IMG_20130620_173904_879_zps3bf8e4f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I use two bricks as a divider and foil the other side of the grate to "help force" air to the fire side not to cool off the inside chamber

Back