Pulled the Trigger...

jeffsee

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, after Bludawg slapped me around a little the other day, I bit the bullet and risked my wife's wrath by asking permission to order the SS barrel from Bubba's Barrels. :clap:

She said she would rather have me spend the money than have me stick my head in a barrel with a wire wheel on an angle grinder. :loco:

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive and set it up with the Big Poppas UDS kit I ordered. I know there are other cookers at this price point, but I like using my UDSes and feel extremely comfortable with the food I can put out with the UDS.

Now I just have to impatiently wait for the thing to arrive. :wacko:

I have a feeling your UDS is going to look a little better than mine! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the barrel? I'm debating buying a SS barrel for a new UDS or buying a smaller BWS. Can't wait to see your pics!!

I really love my stainless UDS. Still shiny after three years too. :becky:

I am going to enjoy seeing your build.

I have a feeling your UDS is going to look a little better than mine! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the barrel? I'm debating buying a SS barrel for a new UDS or buying a smaller BWS. Can't wait to see your pics!!

With shipping, and a flat lid with no bung holes, $317. BPS kit ran me $129. So, $446. Since I don't have to grind out, prime, or paint, my wife says it is worth every penny.

I saw your other post about selling your 18.5 weber. I am pretty sure that is the one Dennis S. bought from the ad I saw here and on clist. He liked it so much that he upgraded to a 22.5 and sold the 18.5 to another guy at work. If I have the wrong sale in mind please disregard. Enjoy your UDS when you get her done. Stainless is way cool

Hello fellow wisconsinite breathern
O man stainless would be nice, I have yet to paint mine after a year,but I might paint it this year

I saw your other post about selling your 18.5 weber. I am pretty sure that is the one Dennis S. bought from the ad I saw here and on clist. He liked it so much that he upgraded to a 22.5 and sold the 18.5 to another guy at work. If I have the wrong sale in mind please disregard. Enjoy your UDS when you get her done. Stainless is way cool

Dennis S did buy it. I'm so glad he liked it. Nice!

I would say you got a great deal! This might just convince me to upgrade my UDS instead of dropping a grand on a BWS. Is your UDS build kit stainless as well? Do you have a link to the kit??

Man that's gonna be one cooool UDS! Congrats to you sir, and a wise choice. If I had to do mine over, no WAY would I spend hours laying in my drum grinding that chit off! Man it sucked. My lady was just shaking her head while I was doing it, but she began to see the light when I began serving her tasty meat!:heh:

Shipping notification just came in email. I will start documenting with photos as soon as the barrel arrives.

Want some more:boxing::wacko::heh: That is gonna be a pretty rascal can't wait to see it done:thumb:

OK, Bludawg.

Barrel left Tennessee this morning. HOPEFULLY I get it Monday. Then I can plan time to set it up.

Of course, waiting is easier said than done.

Back