Brisket Practice w/ PRON

Big Country BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I been having little problems with making my own brisket rub and consistency with it. So today I fired up my Primo XL and tried some Oakridge Blackops so here is pictures of the trimming , injection , and cooking. Cooking indirect heat fat down at about 300 .
9.37 Lb Packer Choice

Trimmed Up

Injected

Rubbed Man this stuff tastes amazing!

Put on the smoker

1 1/2 In

More pics to come!

Damn that flat looks good! Why can't I ever find one like that? Let me know how to smoking in the pan goes. I've considered doing this to maximize the the juiciness.

I have always smoke in pans fat down the when I transfer to my aujus/marinade at 185 ill post a picture

Nice lookin cook! Essentially in the Pan your only exposing half of the brisket to the dry heated smoke so it will never get that buttery flavor from a well trimmed fat cap that so many of us brisket phenes crave.

Nice lookin cook! Essentially in the Pan your only exposing half of the brisket to the dry heated smoke so it will never get that buttery flavor from a well trimmed fat cap that so many of us brisket phenes crave.
true but if you add butter to you injection and beef concentrate and concentrated beef aujus you really don't hae to worry about it. Also by putting fat cap side down you keep the heat from burning the actual top of the flat cause in competition you don't want that :biggrin1:

That black ops rub is the $H#!

New Here Are there any stores that carry that rub or is it only online?

true but if you add butter to you injection and beef concentrate and concentrated beef aujus you really don't hae to worry about it. Also by putting fat cap side down you keep the heat from burning the actual top of the flat cause in competition you don't want that.
Your right, what do I know about competition brisket in Tx! :icon_shy

Back