Reaction score
Here ya go! Let me have it!

Chicken (yes I did this on purpose)

IMG_20120310_121718.jpg

Ribs

IMG_20120310_125932.jpg

Brisket

IMG_20120310_142910.jpg

Didn't get a pork pic due to time restraints.

Ok, let me have it.

Since I already saw these posted on facebook Neil. I wont say much that you dont know already. But personally I like the chicken. Its a different turn in but looks good. As for the ribs they LOOK amazing IN the box :rolleyes:. And that brisket to me looks good, I think as a judge I would enjoy all of those turn in boxes and give very good scores on all 3.

I have seen several of your turn in boxes and NONE have ever looked as good as these. The pork and brisket would both be 9's and the chicken an 8. Are you going to post your scores?

NUTZ

WOW! After seeing your finish, i expected a bad day building boxes but those look great. Not a fan of the side by side on ribs but they look good.

I'd like to see more meat, less greens on chicken and ribs....

I'd like to see more meat, less greens on chicken and ribs....

I agree with this. The chicken seems to be almost overtaken by the greenery. I do like that you didn't go with thighs though.

9.5 on the ribs if they taste as good as they look, 8.5 on brisket, and 8.0 on the chicken.

Chicken looks really good! Is that pulled, dark meat, or slices of breast meat?

I'm with Chris on the parsley. It buries the meat a little and on ribs it throws the eyes off a bit not seeing the parsley on either side. I know it shouldn't be judged but it does affect the scores. I think your brisket looks good but there are knife marks on that front slice. This is really minute but looking at the curvature on your slices it looks like you mixed up your pieces. The three in the middle have corners on both sides while the other slices do not. That's nitpicky but I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked it up.

If I turned those, in I'd expect an average of 8 from the 6 scores. I'm sure your chicken threw them off though so that was perhaps 7.5 avg. What were they?

Slices did get mixed. A couple broke while I was dipping them in Au Jus.

I would go 888. Chicken looks interesting, but not enough meat to green as others said, ribs look good, but could use a little more shine (might just be the photo)

I'd go 9 on the brisket and ribs, but only an 8 on the chicken. Maybe it's the lighting of the shot, but it just doesn't grab me as appetizing like the other two.

The chicken does not look appealing to me at all. Maybe better if it was in person. The ribs floor me because I seen your scores this week and if this box is from there I am shocked. I was expecting Pablo Diablo BBQ rib box.

Meat looks great, except those slice's look thick. To much green on those awesome ribs, maybe add a couple more would fix it.

I would go 888. Chicken looks interesting, but not enough meat to green as others said, ribs look good, but could use a little more shine (might just be the photo)

Just out of curiousity, why do you think the ribs need to shine? If they are shiny, wouldn't that be too much sauce? Do you think it could be shiny without being sweet? I was going for a savory flavor. If it was shinier, there would be too much sugar (honey, syrup, etc.) and it would hide the flavor of the meat.

So the question is are you judging what you think it should be or are you judging whether or not I achieved what I was trying to do?

Back