• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheaper Than Chuck

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Choice Tri Tip from Ralphs by far the best tri tip IMHO even compared to some Costco primes. This week it was on sale for $3.97/lb and fully trimmed. :thumb:

Ground it into burgers

nrRTG7zh.jpg

I've been loving simple lately so just your classic cheeseburger except the pretzel buns

8l22Rp5h.jpg

39jZa4Zh.jpg

Ywl3UdCh.jpg

Oh and plenty moist in case you're wondering

FVa8iEDh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great Sako!

I've got one I was supposed to cook last night but got interrupted. Going to make a run to the store for fixings and grind it up for tonight. Thanks!

Thanks Josh! I've always been pleased with the fat ratio in tri tip. A little less fatty but fatty enough with extra beef flavor. Can't go wrong.

Lean beef can be good, when not cooked to death, and you sir can cook a burger.

lookin good. tri tip is so expensive around here I could never think about grinding it

Looks great Sako!

I've got one I was supposed to cook last night but got interrupted. Going to make a run to the store for fixings and grind it up for tonight. Thanks!

Heck yes Norm! Hope all is well brother.

lookin good. tri tip is so expensive around here I could never think about grinding it

Thanks Steve! It cheap as heck here especially if you buy in bulk. The most expensive I've seen is prime at 8.99 to 9.99/lb.

So jealous of you Cali guys 'n gals with your cheap tri tip. Only place I've ever found it around here has been Restaurant Depot. And it's untrimmed and a lot more than $3.97/lb.

Looks delicious, Sako.... and I find it hard to stop staring at your buns. :shock: :tsk:

:laugh::laugh:

Thanks Marc!

I've been loving the pretzel buns and the Amoroso's rolls the small warehouse chain down the street started bring in.

So jealous of you Cali guys 'n gals with your cheap tri tip. Only place I've ever found it around here has been Restaurant Depot. And it's untrimmed and a lot more than $3.97/lb.

We're lucky in that sense. Untrimmed you get 'em for as low as 2.50/lb.

I quit! I've looked at that burger enough times trying to think up something creative to say. I've got nothing but "DAMN, SON..."

Simple burger maybe, delicious burger heck yeah...:thumb:

A simple burger done to perfection. I thought I was the only person on the planet that put lettuce and mayo on the bun bottom to keep it from getting soaked. :clap2:

Back