• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
I blame you guys.

I'm driving down the road today and see a Yellow Weber next to a house and go 'hey, that's a rare color, I wonder if they want to sell it'.

:blabla:

No, I didn't stop.

Maybe not today, but you will stop, you will.

Joined the club last year when I got SJ last autumn, got the 22 inch this spring, been using the WSM for a year.

Love it!

WeberFamily.jpg

Originally Posted by thoraudio
I blame you guys.

I'm driving down the road today and see a Yellow Weber next to a house and go 'hey, that's a rare color, I wonder if they want to sell it'.

No, I didn't stop.

Maybe not today, but you will stop, you will.

It will happen...you will stop! You will not be able to control yourself....its inevitable!

That's how I got my free 18" redhead!

Don't resist....its pointless! :twitch:

Anybody worth his salt as a serious backyard cook will appreciate the 22.5 Weber kettle. I've owned at least four of em.:grin:

I love my kettle. Has anyone done a mod for the tray to contain the ashes... On a windy day ashes tend to blow everywhere.

Added a top, and a grill level thermo. Two drilled holes, and it's done.
I use both as most of the time my fire is at the back side divided by fire brick, grill-smoking indirectly. The depth is 2 1/4" so the bottom thermo won't get in the way of food.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 351
Do you use a glue or something to hold it in?

No Glue!- The thermo's are threaded with a washer and nut. Recommend you don't torque down, you could deflect the housing and they'll steam up. I learned that one the hard way.

Well, I guess I get to join the party with my purchase of a 22.5" yesterday! Now I gotta get it cleaned up and use it.

No Glue!- The thermo's are threaded with a washer and nut. Recommend you don't torque down, you could deflect the housing and they'll steam up. I learned that one the hard way.

Where do you find this thermometer

Weber OTG 22.5 in the Philippines

I got my Weber shipped over to the Philippines a couple of months ago! Love'n it and we are doing both Filipino style BBQ (pork belly grilled on sticks) and American style (slower pork ribs and chicken) BBQ. I was so happy to see mine show up without any major problems or dents.

I also picked up a Smokenator 1000 to try smoking with it. The Smokenator is nice way to have more of your grill available without worrying about direct heat on your meat. But the charcoal available here has been problematic in terms of getting my Weber/Smokenator combo up to the necessary temperatures of 200F to 250F.

We are currently doing smoked ribs with a test run using coconut hulls (shells) as smoking material. There are tons of them around. They are used on fish and chicken in many tropical areas, but I haven't seen anyone try them on pork and report about it.

The photo shows my Weber on my balcony in Baguio City. Past the ridge, where the grey area is clouded out is the western coast of the Philippines (La Union Province) and the South China Sea, which is a pretty view on a clear day. The Smokenator is installed, but no food grill on it yet as we were just setting it up.

bbqsmokerbalcony.jpg

Fordman,
If you take those handles off, sand them, and hit them with a couple coats of teak oil all over, they will look like new and the teak oil is water resistant. Only downside is that the Weber logo will likely be gone.
Or, present day resin ones will fit, but you lose the retro look.

EDIT: Just popped into the Virtual Weber Bullet site, and there was a thread about wood handles. Looks like some in Fort Worth is selling them. Here's a link http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/943199314.html

i know this is an old post but i just revamped my 1999 EE handles and they were looking pretty knackered, i used decking oil on them but instead of sanding so i didn't loose the logo i rubbed them back with medium them fine steel wool.
was hard work and they didn't all come put perfect because obviously the rear ones better protected and the top one cops the weather and heat.
but they look good and suit my modded satin black and timber slab cart.

my dad was a sales rep at a company called briscos in new zealand way back as far as i can remember, they took on the agency for weber,. he brought home a brand new weber smokey mountain and i helped him assemble it, my dad wasn't very patient, he wanted things to turn black and inedible while he drunk beer.
this was in like 1981, he ended up using it for an incinerator to burn rubbish, now i look back I'm heart broken
... moral of the story is some people are to impatient to learn the benefits of a webber, why there are so many for sale second hand... greedily accepted by the likes of us

I have 2 (yes, only two) 22.5" kettles.

DSC_0196.jpg

This green OTS has been with me 20 years. I've learned a lot using it and abusing it. I know a few drunks tripped over it (me included) but it is still going strong.

DSC_0001.jpg

Last November I picked up this SS Performer and finally finished the restore this spring.

They reside on different sides of the house to avoid jealousy issues :wink:

Back