Next Stop. Asbury Park... RESULTS..

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm in!! Bought a 6x12 foot trailer today.
Have an airbrusher lined up to start painting our logo on the trailer.

Sent out the registration fee and had a 2 hour chat with Arlie Bragg last night. NJ is a JD qualifer and a 2500$ first prize. I want that JD!

I'm in..... And the Family is going.. its at the Jersey Shore. Sharon had a complete blast at the Conneticut championship and we made a New York Statment while there. Thats for sure.

Team of 4.
Members to be announced. 8) :twisted: 8)

Re: Next Stop. Asbury Park. NJ State Qualifer.

BBQchef33 said:
I'm in!! Bought a 6x12 foot trailer today.
Have an airbrusher lined up to start painting our logo on the trailer.

Sent out the registration fee and had a 2 hour chat with Arlie Bragg last night. NJ is a JD qualifer and a 2500$ first prize. I want that JD!

I'm in..... And the Family is going.. its at the Jersey Shore. Sharon had a complete blast at the Conneticut championship and we made a New York Statment while there. Thats for sure.

Team of 4.

<anonymous, disembodied voice whispers.....>

"your soul is no longer your own..."

Very exciting.

At least you won't have to keep taking the Klose on/off a rented trailer! :D

Go Phil, Go!!

Holy $hit!

Next we are going to here..."I sold the house...quit my job... the family and I are moving into a single wide on wheels to compete full time".

Now only if your trailer reversing skills matched the awsome paint job on the trialer... :twisted:

john said:
Holy $hit!

Next we are going to here..."I sold the house...quit my job... the family and I are moving into a single wide on wheels to compete full time".

Now only if your trailer reversing skills matched the awsome paint job on the trialer... :twisted:

Yeah....where's the video of the trailer backing in CT? Josh?

Excellent! I've been honored by Phil - I've joined his team! I'll be helping him 3pete in NJ! WOO HOO!

Now, I hope I don't screw anything up.

Hmm. New Jersy. Isn't there an area called the Pine Barrens where the "guys" used to "take out the trash"? :D

If Phil asked you to join him you'll do -- fine :twisted:

DFLittle said:

Hmm. New Jersy. Isn't there an area called the Pine Barrens where the "guys" used to "take out the trash"? :D

Sure is. Know it well. Leave the trash and take the canolies!

Hey, I got an idea... C'mere.... I'll give you a tour :twisted:

john said:
Holy $hit!

That's my wife's dream! Don't sound too bad to me either! If I hit the lottery, it's a done deal!

Re: Next Stop. Asbury Park. NJ State Qualifer.

BBQchef33 said:

Team of 4.

Are you sure it's a qualifier? If there was more than one NJ State Championship, you go into a draw with the other GCs for the Jack.

Jim

Arlie told me its a qualifer.. Doesnt mean it was the only one though. I think htere allready was one and this makes the second, so yes, you go into a draw for JD.

ok ladies.. Team is almost set. And we ar on our way to Asbury park thuresday evening.

Me(Bbqchef33)
DFLittle is coming up from florida on thursday.
BrooklynQ will be comin in from the boroughs. (and my hometown!)
4th member is still in the air, but if neither of these guys can commit its gonna be the wife and daughter to make number 4.

Got a waterfront hotel room booked on the Jersery Shore for the family.

Start the shoppin tomorrow. We will be competing in all 4 catagories of course.

Rob and Dave, we can get a conference call tomorrow evening to begin planning. Anyone else want to join in or listen in let me know and i will send out the conference number.

Round 3 guys.. here we go again!!

I apologize for the lack of info coming out of me regarding the previous competitions. I have been writing stuff up and John has been working on our Trophy case which will be appearing on our home page soon. This is where all the members that compete can write about there experiences on the competition circuit.

Here's a link to the site for the cookoff at Asbury Park, NJ, this weekend.

http://www.ecmeguitarbeque.com/bbqcontest.htm

Looks like it's gonna be FUN! Good prize purse and a paid entry into the BBQ Invitational in DC next June.

Oh, almost forgot -- All American Festivals will be there filming for the Food Network - to be aired in the winter!! I guess Sharon and all not on duty will looking to hijack the camera crew :D

Phil, Can we do the conference call tonight - tuesday? Gonna be at a meeting tomorrow night

Just win the damn thing! American Royal Invitational is at stake here too! I've already started the planning process, I know Belly Brothers have got your back, and I'm sure KC and JT will be right there too.
Several of us are planning a trip to visit the AR, but it would be so much more fun to be cooking with you. You win this week, we talk next week!

Go get em boys!

Well its almost 1pm, BrooklynQ and Phil are out getting head (lettuce) and DF is back prep'n the meat.

Phil and the family are keeping busy, and his mood seemed pretty good.

It was good he got away. They are all coming along, and trying to have some fun.

I'll post any updates I hear.

Back