Briskets @ .87/# Houston Area

Txngent

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Our local HEB's are running Packers for .87/#... limit 2 with $10 additional purchase. Wally World will honor the ad too.

Our local HEB's are running Packers for .87/#... limit 2 with $10 additional purchase. Wally World will honor the ad too.

Hmmmm, I will be in Humble tomorrow! thanks!

That is a FANTASTIC deal. I would have as many friends as i could go in with me, and buy akk U can fit into the freezer

Holy Brisket Gods!!!! Me, the mrs, the kids...we'd be in brisket til the farkin cows came home!!!

I am going to rotate my freezer... I still have a couple from when HEB ran them for .49/#. :mrgreen:

Typical "holiday" pricing!! That's ONE of the reasons I still miss San Antonio!!

Typical "holiday" pricing!! That's ONE of the reasons I still miss San Antonio!!

I'll let you know, but you probably aren't missing much Chad. Sine HEB cleared everybody but Sam's, and WallyWorld out the sales haven't been as good as they were when you were there. Glass half full mod:icon_cool

I am going to rotate my freezer... I still have a couple from when HEB ran them for .49/#. :mrgreen:

Yeah, well you suck.

A great sale here would be $1.49/#

Yeah, well you suck.

nana.gif

I just went and got my first two... they are average 15#s... packer choice... but hell... you cannot find sausage meat for that cost.

That is some crazy ars pricing! I think I am getting a great deal at RD for Choice CAB @ 1.69/lb.

If by CAB you mean "Certified Angus Beef" then you can bet this ain't it.:-D

Actually, I have been paying about $1.70 ish for CAB from Panama City, FL.
Last batch cost me $1.95 ish.

Pricing is VERY geographically influenced.
It helps to slide some cooked BBQ back the other way to lube the capitalist system :wink:
Actually, those are his market prices. The BBQ gets me into the room to hand select the packers I want :grin:
And, he will order in some cases when I call in advance to assure they are available to pick over since I am driving 70 miles down there to poke around.

Regional pricing for sure, though.

TIM

I'm with Bigmista........Thats about the best price in my area too. Shame we don't get deals like that here.

At that price you can afford to experiment and get your brisket down! $1.99 is the cheapest I've ever paid. And I went around and got rain checks so I could pick some up at a later time! I'd get there early before they pull the ol' bait'n switch!

Brian

Thanks, I didn't take my brisket out of the freezer yesterday, save my a$$ mod. Scored 4, two to cook, 2 for the freezer.

Last edited:
Back