My BBQ Comp Story

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I left my house on a Friday late morning and drove 3 hours and when I got to the Comp I realized I left ALL my RUBS and INJECTIONS back at home. So I called my wife and there was no way she could get off of work to drive them up to me. So I tell a few teams what I did and I guess word spread cause several teams came to help out sorry if I do not remember everyone that came over but "Diva Q" was one that helped out. With everyone’s help I had enough rubs and injections to get things done and my nerves started to calm down a little but I was still stressing out cause it was not stuff I used. With luck again on my side my parents called and said they would meet me ½ way if needed to drop my rubs and injections off for me. So I leave all my gear at my site and take back out to pick my stuff up after 1 ½ back track driving and 1 ½ drive back to the BBQ Comp I am late on injecting some of my stuff. And it was getting dang near time to light the smokers up.

So I would like to say THANK you to everyone that came to my help that day and I hope to one day repay the favor back.

At the end of the day I came home;

7 over all
2 in brisket
11 in chicken
13 in ribs
33 in pork

Last edited:
That's one of the things that we love about competitions. We've met some great people!

Oh boy! Looks like you didn't let it throw you off your game.

Nice job.

I dont know, Diva Q gives me her rubs ... Im using them!

Congrats on the nice finish.

Well I left my house on a Friday late morning and drove 3 hours and when I got to the Comp I realized I left ALL my RUBS and INJECTIONS back at home. So I called my wife and there was no way she could get off of work to drive them up to me. So I tell a few teams what I did and I guess word spread cause several teams came to help out sorry if I do not remember everyone that came over but "Diva Q" was one that helped out.

How could anyone not love Danielle? She is one of my favorite people on the BBQ circuit to compete and hang out with. I'm really looking forward to her new TV show...guess I'll have to be figuring out how to get bootlegged Canadian cable shows. Never thought I'd ever be saying that!

How could anyone not love Danielle? She is one of my favorite people on the BBQ circuit to compete and hang out with. I'm really looking forward to her new TV show...guess I'll have to be figuring out how to get bootlegged Canadian cable shows. Never thought I'd ever be saying that!

She had her camera crew with her filming at the Comp. I even got invite to roast marshmallow's with that night.

Yes I agree she is a class act and was super nice to me indeed!!!

I dont know, Diva Q gives me her rubs ... Im using them!

Congrats on the nice finish.

Yea one would think so... But I used my rubs and injections. I did not get any rubs from Diva Q. But I did get was the same stuff I use currently.

She is just way too understated when she gets a call. Come on Danielle, show some excitement. :becky:

She is just way too understated when she gets a call. Come on Danielle, show some excitement. :becky:

You should have seen me then if you thought she had excitement!!!!

Back