brisket and ribs

M

mjancel

is it ok to cook them together in the same horizontal off set smoker? what temp and how long? do ribs turn out better laying flat or in a rib rack?

Attachments

• 0608101808.jpg
    0608101808.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 148
It will be interesting to see the responses here. I have definitely cooked them in the same cooker at about 250*. Just for different lengths of time. Brisket usually about 10-12 hours, ribs 5-6 hours.

I also like to lay my ribs flat. I don't know that they cook any better, but I feel like they do and they're easier to baste that way.

It will be interesting to see the responses here. I have definitely cooked them in the same cooker at about 250*. Just for different lengths of time. Brisket usually about 10-12 hours, ribs 5-6 hours.

I also like to lay my ribs flat. I don't know that they cook any better, but I feel like they do and they're easier to baste that way.

+1 - I've done it too. As noted, the brisket will take longer, but there is no reason why you can't cook them all at the same time.

I've cooked, ribs, brisket, chicken, and pork all in the same cooker....just get your timing right, adjust for temp variations as you add/subtract meat and you should be good to go!

I cook multiple meats all the time. Like the others said just watch your timing

I cook in comps with chicken, ribs, pork and beef at the same time. I put the big meats further from the fire, and they go in first.

I keep the ribs flat because I foil them after they get smoke on 'em, and it's hard to foil in a rib rack.

I've cooked, ribs, brisket, chicken, and pork all in the same cooker....just get your timing right, adjust for temp variations as you add/subtract meat and you should be good to go!

Me too. That's the way I always do it.

What they said above. I also use a rib rack from time to time. IF you use one,
make sure you leave an empty/black space between the ribs. For example, if your
rib rack has 5 slots, it's for 3 racks of ribs. Leave a slot open. You need the heat
to circulate freely/evenly. Otherwise, and I've had this happen a few times, the
center of the ribs in the center will not be done when the outside is done.

Back