Monkeys Uncles 1st Ever Catering Job... For Fun!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces' :becky:

Had the farkin' best day today and can't wait to tell you!

We catered this evening for 100 people... 60 kids and 40 big kids..:becky:

And it was for my daughters Calisthenics club.

WE... meaning myself and my best friend and next door neighbour, Andy!:clap2:

Andy is a South African and a BBQ'ing BRAI Machine!:thumb: He knows all about you guys, but he's got no time for computers at all.... which is probably why his yard is always clean and there are no dishes in the sink at his place etc... I think there's something to be said for that!:mod:

So anyway, I did a honey soy marinade on 104 chicken wings...
DSC_0009.jpg

Myself and Frances balancing the recipe for the hamburgers in Excel...
DSC_0011.jpg

The bread was for the binding and crumbing...

Had to chop a lot of onions..
DSC_0013.jpg

And make 100 hamburgers...
DSC_0014.jpg

In getting to the venue... I made sure we had plenty of the correct supplies...
DSC_0022.jpg

I have to make a disclaimer here in that I never had any of the spirits shown in this photograph. This is because I was in charge of cooking for this event and I also had to drive home. However, I ensured Andy was well and truly looked after, as he had taken a 1/2 day off work to come and help!

Andy got the fire started for the chicken wings..
DSC_0023.jpg

I was managing all the salads and everything else... damn, it's not easy when everyone is asking you if you need help and you don't want them to help because they will fark it up...:hand:

Anyway, I digress.. Andy handled the Honey Soy Chicken Wings on the open coals.
DSC_0041.jpg

And I managed the hamburgers and sausages on the Grill
DSC_0028.jpg

The Chicken Wings were perfect for the kids..
DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

But the thing is, when you are working like this, there's not much of an opportunity for happy snaps.. We got there at 4:30pm, set everying up, started serving at 6pm, finished cooking at 6:50pm, started clearing at 7:20 pm, and we were packed and gone at 8:30pm and home by 9:00 pm.

All that for 100 people on our first gig... I think we farkin wiped it out!!!!:thumb:

The best thing I did was these Boston Beans from scratch! I got asked for the recipe... :bow:

You see, beans are not an Aussie thing at all. You never see beans in the same sentence as "BBQ" in Oz, so I thought I would see how it went...

It went very well!:thumb:
DSC_0037.jpg

After this, I really only got leftovers...
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

And some people enjoying themselves outside afterwards...
DSC_0043.jpg

I wish I had some more pics to give you.

Man... this was the best fun. We totally nailed it. The kids had a great time. We got so many "Thanks" from all the Mums and Dads, and I can tell you, even though Andy and I worked our clackers off, it was well worth it to see happy kids and happy parents.

To be perfectly honest it's the most satisfying thing I've done for years...

We served:

100 Burgers
104 Chicken Wings
100 Sausages
Buns and Bread for all
Coleslaw, Pasta Salad, Potato Salad and Green Salads for all.
Boston Baked Beans for all.
20 Litres Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce ... in cones for the litle kiddies and bowls for the big kiddies....:becky:

Best fun I ever had! Seriously! (Standing Up that is:tape:)

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Looks and sounds like you nailed it!:clap: I understand about the pics. When cooking for that many, you are kept a little but busy!:becky:

^^^ Thanks Chris... after all that, I forgot to say..

There is a US BBQ Team Called the "Drunken Uncles"

I love that name and I'd like to adopt that for my team in Oz... that is if we needed to have teams... which we don't because there are no competitions.

But we figured as we were BBQ'ing largely for kids we would be the "Monkeys Uncles" for the kids, and if we ever cook in a serious BBQ competing, then we can be the Aussie "Drunken Uncles BBQ Team!"..

Cheers!

Bill

Farking outstanding Bill! Looks like there were a lot of very happy folks in those pics.

But still...what's with the little bottle in this pic?:p

DSC_0011.jpg

Farking outstanding Bill! Looks like there were a lot of very happy folks in those pics.

But still...what's with the little bottle in this pic?:p

DSC_0011.jpg

You Bastard! :becky:

If anyone was gonna pick that up, it was gonna be you!

OK, the liquid smoke went into the beans. The beans were done from scratch in a slow cooker / cockpot, for 20 Hours. I just could not let these little farkers continue to cook without some smoke, so I added some.:tape:

Having said that... So many comments.....:thumb::thumb::thumb: Mnnn...these beans are nice and smokey :shocked::shocked: From people who never tasted BBQ in their lives, and would not know a real smoke from an arificial one if it smacked them in the face... which is very much like what happened!

I'm standing by my beans Guerry... They were the best Boston Beans ever served in this Country! Period!:thumb: (They are the ONLY Boston Beans served in this Country!) And... they are absolutlely delicious!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

All looks great, and I gotta say that Saffas are awesome 'Q artists...Yeah, they do it different from slow'n low most of the time, but they got their way around some kick-ass marinades!

Hey Bill, Drunk Uncles is owned by John (YeloNUTZ) here, just PM him, offer him a beer and he will go along with you.

Now, as to the food, man, there is nothing like pulling of a great feed, the high of cooking for others is multiplied by the size of the crown and you did good. Congratulations. Isn't Andy your mate you normally get hammered with while messing with his boerwurst?:p Great job on the catering gig.

Back