Does anyone sell drum smokers?

aswoboda

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in st Louis Missouri and would love to purchase a UDS or BDS whatever you call them, I heard a guy from California who makes them for big mista sells them but I don't know how to get a hold of him or if there is a closer person, any help would be great guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite sure someone in your area, Brethren or not, would be making them to sell.

Fairly simple to build yourself, but there are several brethern in your area that can probably fix ya up.
You might put your location in your topic.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I live in st Louis Missouri and would love to purchase a UDS or BDS whatever you call them, I heard a guy from California who makes them for big mista sells them but I don't know how to get a hold of him or if there is a closer person, any help would be great guys

I was in touch with the guy here in SoCa. PM me for contact info. You can also look up the bds website. Either way, you're looking at a hefty shipping charge.

Just curious - why not just build your worn? They're so easy to make and you'll spend way less dough.

I bet MooCow would help you with one or sell you one.

Cooking Class Moocow make it take it drum class (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5)

Id love to make one myself but im not real handy, I read a lot of the uds thread on here but i think i would still have lots of trouble, I might try it if i could see a pic by pic intro or something, any help would be great guys

Id love to make one myself but im not real handy, I read a lot of the uds thread on here but i think i would still have lots of trouble, I might try it if i could see a pic by pic intro or something, any help would be great guys

This is the simplest way to build a UDS it's shockingly simple - it's more or less what I followed:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43943&highlight=redneck+uds

A couple of things:

You do NOT need to weld anything to build a UDS. You can use washers, nuts and screws to pull your firebasket together. Same applies to the plumbing fitting. The simplest ash pan for the firebasket would be a pizza pan. Literally, you can build one of these in an afternoon...

I might try it if i could see a pic by pic intro or something, any help would be great guys

Check the "Smoke Signals" Magazine link above. In one of the issues there is a step by step pictorial that even SmokinAussie could follow...

thank you for all the help guy, i have private messages sent out to moocow and ashmont, hopefully ill hear from them

thanks ashmont, this will help a lot, i think i may take the class in kansas city that moocow offers just to learn some new stuff and build one, but thank you for your time

I built mine and I'm no do it yourselfer but like the post before the ones on craigslist look nice. Just $175. I found barrel on craigslist for 10 bucks had 22.5 old grate from weber(15 bucks at HD). The total hardware spent at HD probally under 12 bucks . I stiill need to paint, I figure I should be able to do that for 10-15 dollars. total $30 -$40 dollars.

I figure I can buy alot of meat for the $130 saved!!!

or
New UDS $175
Nice brisket $40
Assorment of rubs $30
First UDS dinner Priceless!!!!

Jason
weber
uds

Its a proven fact that the meat tastes better if you build it yourself. I think its the combination of sweat and elbow grease that adds just a hint to the seasoning of the barrel.

Back