Brisket on the midi

chicagokp

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Have a coworker coming into town tomorrow and we decided to do a potluck. He said he wanted brisket and I am happy to oblige.

Trimmed the hard fat and seasoned with some SM SeasonAll, peppered cow and pecan. I have to fold it over to fit. Point down and far cap to the outside.

mypemevy.jpg

It is 10 pm here so it's time to get some shut eye. The IQ 110 is on watch tonight.

Looking good so far. I am guessing I will pull it off to rest in the next 30-60 minutes. It was super windy here last night so I was glad I hooked up the IQ.

y2yneja6.jpg

Bark looks ok on the ends. After 5 hours or so it unfolded and fit flat so that may be the cause of less bark in the middle.
4ahe9yha.jpg

Off the smoker. Bark looks good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791325.642375.jpg

Flat and point separated

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791370.052197.jpg

Point cubed and seasoned with SM sweet seduction and cherry. Back on for another hour or two.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791431.787477.jpg

Wohoo... I bet the North 'burbs of Chicago had a wonnerful aroma lingering last night. Looks Awesome! Cheers!!!

Looks good. When I did my brisket on my mini-WSM, I added a bit more rub after unfolding. That seemed to help preserve some bark on the inside folded over portion.

Back