BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 2

Unfortunately, this is an older photo. I failed to take a nice close up this past weekend at the beer tent comp of him (Marvin) cooking.

I found him at a World Market. However, I fear that they may have been discontinued (as other Brethren - as well as myself) have continued to look for them.

Check Ebay. I have seen them for sale there.

Here is my Submission for this week, Some Baby Back Ribs. Cooked on the Party with apple wood for smoke.

Attachments

• 100_3650.jpg
    100_3650.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_3654.jpg
    100_3654.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_3659.jpg
    100_3659.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 382
Man, this week is great! I'm on vacation but will be cooking later this week. I can't believe the amount of great pron in this thread!

Great work guys!

Jeff

heres my entry, italian sausage fatty, stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, asparagus, and squash. Rubbed with some love and finished with a brown butter garlic sauce and chipotle puree.

That is serious!! way to gourmet for bbq! lol

Pig on a pig on a pig:p Grilled Cuban Garlic and Lime Pork Chops with Citrus Salsa and Black Beans and Rice.

throwdown004.jpg

throwdown011.jpg

throwdown023.jpg

Doc,

When this throw down is over I am going to need a recipe and some specifics for your entry.

To help support the Brethren Recipe site, after each contest the people with unique entrees should post the recipes (unless they are a comp secret).

This would really give the site a much needed boost.

To help support the Brethren Recipe site, after each contest the people with unique entrees should post the recipes (unless they are a comp secret).

That is an excellent idea!

River City, great looking PP sammy. Just ate and now I'm hungry again. :p

I'm off topic but it would help a lot if people could search for recipes OR have them indexed and links to them in a sticky at the top of the page.

I didn't realize the site needed a boost, especially much needed!

There are lots of ways to find stuff using the search function, too, by the way.

Awsome pics and great recipes everyone. Here's my truckle pron. Pork chops marinated in beer, worshishire, and kick'n chicken rub. The zuccine marinated in teriyaki, olive oil and montreal seasoning. After seeing everyones I think I need to put more thought in this....:roll::lol:

Attachments

• pork put on.jpg
    pork put on.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 86
  • pork about to come off.jpg
    pork about to come off.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 86
  • S4024806.jpg
    S4024806.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 356
PICT0091-1.jpg

PICT0099-1.jpg

PICT0111-1.jpg

Sorry about the double post. ..My entry this week. I didnt know exactly which direction to go so I went with three. Three different stuffed butterflied chops with three different beers from that region.

PICT0115-1.jpg

Last edited:
Bacon is the last entry for week two...great job folks...don't forget to vote for your favorites! :p

Back