• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "The Big Pig!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"The Big Pig!"

Roasted-Pork-Shoulder_zps036b3ee6.jpg

As chosen by Toast for his momentous win in the "Legs!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Toast said:
Since we have a Beef TD going and just did Legs, How about "The Big Pig Throwdown!"? Any part of the pig goes. Ribs, Butts, Hams, Bacon, Sausage etc.

Where's the special rules? :confused:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/11 through Sunday 10/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 10/21.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical, confusing, and downright bizarre discussion thread. :loco:

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Thg Big Pig-Rib Style

Cook thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2656685#post2656685

I figured I would enter my ribs for the Big Pig TD.

These were very good, but not for the timid: Baby backs with Oakridge Habanero Death Dust and Simply Marvaleous Sweet and Spicy rubs. Topped with No Swine Left Behind Hot and Spicey BBQ Sauce with a little Maul's Original.

My enter photo is below:

CD58FB69-1135-4924-84E2-B40210EB8EF5-167-00000009097ECD68_zps13251928.jpg

Last edited:
Got my Mojo Risin!

Bought a nice fresh big pig shoulder and would appreciate it if you would accept this as my official entry into "The Big Pig" Throwdown.

Made up my own blend of Mojo seasoned marinade.
Sour oranges, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sazon seasoning, cilantro, white wine vinegar and more garlic!

Injected and marinated the shoulder for 48 hours and set it up on the kamado indirect at 275 degrees this morning at 10:30 over some light alder wood and a slab of fatback for my red beans.

3 hours later this was the scenery.

Dropped into an aluminum pan and let her ride for another 2 hours and prepped up some ABT's to cruise on the lower rack.

Served the Appetizers first with a White Sangria Cooler. The ABT's were a mix of Jalapenos and sweet red and yellow peppers. One of our guests was a wee bit timid of heat!

Pulled Pork.

Sliced

And Finally plated! Please use this as my polling pic.

Thanks for lookin!

Jed.

Please accept this as my Official Entry.

I started running out of time between all the Football on yesterday so why not go with something good and fast.

Boudin, Brats and a Hot Link:

154k5yu.jpg

On the grill and toasted some Hoagie Buns:

2nhjiu8.jpg

1pdtux.jpg

The finished product. Did not get a plated shot. Please use the photo below for entry pic:

aer1mw.jpg

All contains pork or pork byproducts ;D

Thanks for lookin'.

Last edited:
Back