• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PART 2 - PitCooker T - The Truth about the PBC SERIOUS Review - RIBS

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/wyws6axZcnQ[/ame]

This Time I do some actual cooking. It was originally a 32 minute video but I thought I'd address the whole "won't the ribs fall into the pit" thing.

I also have my boys cooking in here too....

Enjoy... once again... it will be a rare occurrence in the future but this video is totally serious.

Ribs looked good, and if people (i know you werent) were really worried about meat falling, they could always just set the grate ontop of the fire basket, so at least it wouldnt fall into the coals. At least limit the damage.

Well, like it says in the end.... I will hang... probably even hang some in my modded UDS... I bet it will hang 14 racks... anyway... I would hang.... then pull when they get a full weep on... which is about 3 damn hours with this thing.... then pile em up, not nancy fancy either, on the grate that comes with the PBC.

i LIKE YOUR IDEA BECAUSE i AM NOT SURE YOU SAW IT BUT i LOST MY IRREGULAR 2 SECONDS AFTER i DRAPED IT ACROSS THE BAR.

Now it's a kids program?:wacko:

Actually, I kinda liked this one, truth be told.:thumb:

Not bad Donny, got my boss to order one after watching your last vid.

Jeff

Great video! You should do more of these. Alternate between your serious and your jocular persona.

Your kids are going to grow up to be some serious pitmasters.

Eric

Great video! You should do more of these. Alternate between your serious and your jocular persona.

Your kids are going to grow up to be some serious pitmasters.

Eric

Technically.. if you peruse my channel... I have enough silly ones. So I could make about 50 serious ones in a row and there are still enough antics to keep people watching.

On this PBC thing, you are essentially taken on a ride through my learning curve. The true scientists in here like Biggie and I do things exactly like the book at first.... then.... we start mixing it up. i have cooked on it twice now.

After the PM you sent me, I figured I would post my comments.
On "Pitmaster T - The Truth about the Pit Barrel Cooker Part Two PBC Ribs"-
First, you are a good father, in my opinion.
Second, you did a decent instructional video, in my opinion.

I tried "Turkey and Dumplins - Popdaddys Sensuality Recipe Series", liked the music, but I'm not interested in cooking with long pig.

Human Carcass? I tell you, if I had access to any onf those dumplings I would not be dicing them up that way.

I got the buttah for their muffins, ain't I ain't old to hold the knife.

A serious question for a serious video. I did not notice any gauges or digital devices being use, so did you have any idea what the temp was running inside the drum and were you ok with that, even though they came out looking very good, in less time then expected? Would you hazard a guess at the temp? One other question it seemed you had the lid off for a long time once in awhile and I wonder if it ever started flaring up?
Dave

Looks good. But, your UDS is beautiful.

So, if you had to choose .................... ?

A serious question for a serious video. I did not notice any gauges or digital devices being use, so did you have any idea what the temp was running inside the drum....Would you hazard a guess at the temp?

Yes... I bet it was 300. My weep and ribs are done close to the time they got done in the PBC... a little sooner. Maybe 30 minutes to 45... so I'd say 300. That being said the pit was adjusted CLOSE to what they recommend but not all the way. 1/4 open actually is the flap hanging down.

And were you ok with that, even though they came out looking very good, in less time then expected?

Oh hell yeah... what the hell ever... it was no problem. They could have used maybe a nice little 200 degree kiss for an hour or so in the beginning

One other question it seemed you had the lid off for a long time once in awhile and I wonder if it ever started flaring up?
Dave

No, not really... but I did not have the lid off for too long though. I could see chicken being a prob if you don't act quick though.

The dad gum wood I threw on at the beginning of the smoke..... u may be able to see it.... I was not even discolored.

Looks good. But, your UDS is beautiful.

So, if you had to choose .................... ?

My dad died in 1995.... he visited me last night... I think seriously because his friend Jimmy Maroul did.... anyway.... he and I looked at the UDS in my dream in the light with that copper paint on the uptakes gleaming and the brass ball valved that were polished then coated with 4 coats of clear coat so they shone like jewels.... and all that against the hammered steel paint on the UDS...

Dad said... **** son.... why did you have to paint it copper... it screams...."make polished copper uptakes" and clear coat them!"

I really think I meet him in my dreams as I dream about making stuff. ::sad::sad:

Great job on the video.Well presented with good information. Thanks for posting. Your kids are awesome. By rule of evolution, heredity and ancestry, they will......................BE FUNKIER THAN YOU!

Pitmaster T,
My wife really enjoyed the video...seeing you teaching your kids to cook. :-D
I like the paper holder cutter. Where are those available from? Looks like it really helps with keeping the kitchen clean. My wife would like that also.

A couple of questions,
Do you think adding a thermometer to the PBC would be a good thing? Or is this a cooker that teaches to cook by feel ?

Will you be adding hanging rods to your UDS?
jon

Back