Strictly Hi-Temp Beef (Steak) Rub ??

Q

Q_Egg

I need some fresh sources for a couple great beef (steak and burgers) rubs .... but all for fairly high temp searing or grilling. (I have a ton of good brisket rubs)

Dizzy Pig is high on my list (both Cow Lick and Raise The Steaks). I now have John Henry's Old Stockyard Steak Seasoning, but always find it a bit too spicy-hot even on burgers. I sure welcome your thoughts and names of your favorites. Don't mind making a couple from good recipes either.

Thank-you gentlemen. Montreal is readily available even here in my 'small' town ! Somehow I spaced this very well-known one out :icon_blush:

I'm another 'lost' brother who just heard about Pappy's. Checked out the site and will put it on the list.
Thanks,

Thanks for the Montreal Steak Seasoning Tip !!

Not only is the Montreal Steak seasoning exactly what I needed .... mixed some of it 4:1 with my John Henry's Old Stockyard Steak Seasoning and ended up with a great, spicy result we really like! ...... not 'too' hot as before.

I think the Montreal will be my ultimate, base, beef grilling rub to be augmented by other tasty stuff for lots of special needs !

Many thanks !!

Tom B

I'm another 'lost' brother who just heard about Pappy's. Checked out the site and will put it on the list.
Thanks,

Pappy's rocks!
I use their prime rib rub and blue cap low salt rub mixed in with fresh pressed garlic for my burgers. Pappy's has a great selection. My go to are pappy's Garlic herb rub, prime rib rub, low salt rub fajita rub when i want a little zest,and the lemon pepper rub for chicken.
I love DP rubs too but they are just a bit more expensive for as much as I cook.

Back