Great Day for a smoker..

Mad About Que

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Knock knock... Who's there? You're new Backwoods G2 Party you've been waiting on for 4 months.

Sweet.

:clap:
just opened up the crate

sitting beside the chubster on it's new rack. needs another 1/2 to be right. (yeah that's what she said)

my only complaint is that they scuff up the new paint ot put on a sticker.. no worries. except they scuff more area than the sticker will need. and then I go and remove the sticker.. also the Made In America sticker on the firebox door, the scuffed the right corner, but my doors are bassackwards so they did the other side too. I know petty stuff. but for $3k, i'd like a little more attention to that little detail. but I cleaned the residue up, and shot some semi gloss engine black on it, can't tell.. so I'll shut up now..

took out the racks and water pan, loaded a pile of cheap charcoal in the tray and lit it up. sprayed a bunch of oil, came back in to do some work and went back out about an hour later too (oops) fully open vents and 500 degrees. I guess it's seasoned now.. =)

and i'm also thinking about how to move them around. my original thought was to build a rack to out them on, then realized getting them in and out of the truck at 600#'s might not be fun (or safe). new thought is to make a rack with large wheels on the back that resembles a hand truck. on the front put some adjustable feet to level. then I can just roll it where ever I need it.

next is a trailer. gotta let the cost of these pass over the wife/accountant before I do that, unless I want to sleep in it.

Just a little stretch here, going out on a limb, but I'm assuming you're a Backwoods fan...

Congrats!:becky:

Nice looking Smokers!

I just got a G2 Chubby. The scuffed paint under the sticker annoyed me also. (The sticker was also well off center.) I'm searching for a nice 2012 World Series Champions SF Giants sticker. I figure that oughta make me forget about it.

On the other hand, every issue I went to Backwoods with was handled right away and to my absolute satisfaction.

Boy can they cook.

BWS fan?

I am now.. was always going to be a stick burner, by God. then I built a UDS and discovered sleep CAN exist with BBQ. Crazy right...? but can't fit enough food on one to do much damage.. so here I am. Party for briskets and butt/shoulders. Chubbs for ribs and chicken.

The wife sorta told me that since I got to get the new smokers I should lay off the tattoos for a while.. basic math here. my life long tattoo fund is about $3200. spent way more than that on the smokers. I don't know where she got her learning on si'ferin' numbers, but that's a deal in my book. ha.
Just a little stretch here, going out on a limb, but I'm assuming you're a Backwoods fan...

Congrats!:becky:

I'm jealous. I got the G2 Chubby last month, and I love it.

sticker

yeah.. I could see if it was centered at least. everything else is so well made that it's almost stupid that those are excuted better. but most people take them off anyway, so I guess they don't think it matters too much. but like I said, $5200 for 2 smokers and that's all I can complain about? i'll get over it. cleaned it up and hit it with some semi-gloss black engine paint, can't even tell now.

I just got a G2 Chubby. The scuffed paint under the sticker annoyed me also. (The sticker was also well off center.) I'm searching for a nice 2012 World Series Champions SF Giants sticker. I figure that oughta make me forget about it.

On the other hand, every issue I went to Backwoods with was handled right away and to my absolute satisfaction.

Boy can they cook.

What's for supper? I can come by later. If I ever get off work.

Back