• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Akaushi Wagyu Beef Texas Hot Guts

If I'm wrong and you figure a way to success with this beef in sausages, please let me know!

Boys, he gets to control the ratio of fat. Simmer down now.

SAVE the extra fat, freeze it for later. Add it to the cheap stuff later.

If you are crazy, then I am insane. Great plan. Good luck and have that last one for me.

Well, he has better knife skills than I do, I guess. I have a hell of a time trimming out all that marbling.

Well, it might not be all that marbled, it is American Wagyu, not Japanese Wagyu. I can imagine they will be delicious, but, that is largely because I can't go eat there.

I think its great you are taking advantage of your local meat source! Go for it!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Boys, he gets to control the ratio of fat. Simmer down now.

SAVE the extra fat, freeze it for later. Add it to the cheap stuff later.

If you are crazy, then I am insane. Great plan. Good luck and have that last one for me.

If you consider that this is what akaushi beef looks like
marble12.gif
then you really are insane bro
:laugh:
There is no controlling or trimming the fat out of this.

However, I have solved the riddle.
I went and saw the image of the American beef called Akaushi.
It is not comparable at all.
It is like comparing goat filet to Berkshire pork belly.

Compare for yourself

That would make me very angry as a consumer, it will be delicious beef but holy c@rp what an insult to real Akaushi.
Please disregard my advice completely guys, hope you can see why it was given so strongly.
You can see what the crime would have been by the images.:sad:

RL, any chance you can take some pics of what you got? I think many of us are curious!

If you consider that this is what akaushi beef looks like
marble12.gif
then you really are insane bro
:laugh:
There is no controlling or trimming the fat out of this.

However, I have solved the riddle.
I went and saw the image of the American beef called Akaushi.
It is not comparable at all.
It is like comparing goat filet to Berkshire pork belly.

Compare for yourself

That would make me very angry as a consumer, it will be delicious beef but holy c@rp what an insult to real Akaushi.
Please disregard my advice completely guys, hope you can see why it was given so strongly.
You can see what the crime would have been by the images.:sad:

There are grades. It is not like all cows in Japan are rocking the J-lo action.

What ratio of fat do you put in your sausage? That heavily marbled one looked about right, you can trim off the cap. I add fat to well marbled meat when I make sausage.

We are jealous, every one of us. Rock it out.

BTW we did rock out some American Kobe this weekend, it was half way between your two pictures. Made a carpachio from the deckle it was so tender.

We normally run about 60/40 lean to fat but amp it up to 50/50 sometimes, my mentor is a fat-aholic. We've been on the project for about a year and a half now with occasional forays into boudin too. Hitting the commissary this afternoon to butcher those big primals, will report back

Cranked out a 170 cfs last night on the perforator, got 18 quarts of Texas Red on the stovetop and stuffed 5 dozen links of Texas Hot Guts. We wade into battle in a few hours. BTW, that Akaushi is riddled and streaked with fat!

Best Texas Hot Guts I ever tried. We're purists so the only ingredients were beef,salt,pepper and cayenne. Every person who ate them said the same thing; these are the best, period. Given the proximity to the lions of Texas barbecue that meant a lot. The cfs was divine, the best I ever ate. We romped through all the meat in about 3 hours. Chili was good, needed more cayenne though. The side that stole the show was a turnip, potato mash that a buddy recommended I serve. Tamale House East was a good venue. We sold out the dining rooms and used the side patio as overflow. As far as using Akaushi for such simple fare, we'd do it again. During butchery we threw a few chunks of chuck roll on the gasser with salt n pepper, cooked it at 450 degrees for 3 minutes then went caveman style. Superb.

Best Texas Hot Guts I ever tried. We're purists so the only ingredients were beef,salt,pepper and cayenne. Every person who ate them said the same thing; these are the best, period. Given the proximity to the lions of Texas barbecue that meant a lot. The cfs was divine, the best I ever ate. We romped through all the meat in about 3 hours. Chili was good, needed more cayenne though. The side that stole the show was a turnip, potato mash that a buddy recommended I serve. Tamale House East was a good venue. We sold out the dining rooms and used the side patio as overflow. As far as using Akaushi for such simple fare, we'd do it again. During butchery we threw a few chunks of chuck roll on the gasser with salt n pepper, cooked it at 450 degrees for 3 minutes then went caveman style. Superb.

I'm happy it worked out, and glad I was wrong about it , for your sakes!:oops:

That last few lines is just what I couldn't get my head past!
What casings did you use?
I learned something here, and learned I am a bit rigid too!:oops:

I must have missed it, who is the supplier, can we get our hands on this beef?

Glad to hear it went well!

2 questions:

Any pron?

Any hot guts recipes?

Hook a brother up! :hungry:

Sound like a cool event - thanks for posting!

Now, it isn't worthless, I learned a lot, including Buccaneer can be wrong about Wagyu :shock:

I am just hoping to find out who has Akaushi beef in the USA, as I would like to at least see what they offer and what it costs.

Back