• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Teams for 2009

Chipper

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was wondering, besides my team, how many new Brethren members will be competing for the first time this year.
We are diving in at Green Lane, PA.

I'm new this year, had my first contest already at N. kansas city, doing my second this weekend at pleasant hill.

Just passed

Our first competition was this past weekend and we were shocked to take 1st place chicken, 8th place ribs and Grand Champion. It was the backyard division...61 teams.

A GC and a 4th on the first time out is fantastic, and like UCANCUE said, it's now an addiction.

I will be competing this year for the first time as Bacon & Bone BBQ Team. My first comp is in August but I am looking to see if there are some others this summer that would make sense for me. Can't wait.

Our first competition was this past weekend and we were shocked to take 1st place chicken, 8th place ribs and Grand Champion. It was the backyard division...61 teams.

holly smokes, thats too cool, my first comp. got DQed on brisket, didn't turn in on time,,, seconds count :shock:, and DAL because of it!, but im hooked anyways:icon_cool

Boys you all are going to regret getting further into this sickness....year 2 for us

This will be the second year for us, too! Welcome to all of the rookies! It is a blast. Just make sure to stop and get to know the folks around you. We have met some wonderful people at competitions.

Grand Champs your first time out is GREAT!!! And against 61 teams is even better! Congrats to you!!! :-D

Smokin' Mike... welcome to the DAL club!!! We were DQ'd for time too - 4 seconds DO count
we earned our other DAL the hard way, by turning in what we thought was damn good chicken!

ANYWAY... please find the time to roam around and talk to other teams, even if you feel wierd about it, do it anyway. Everyone is usually really friendly (except from 11 to 1:45); we all remember what it is like to be brand new at this, plus the people you meet (and the friends you make) is one of the best things about BBQ!!!

I hope to meet you all out there somewhere...

:shock:we'll be doing a couple small regional things- i'm more about the vending- $$$ is tight...
but some nascar stuff & irish/scottish highland events are on our list..

Welcome to all you new comers and great job nikinik thats pretty good for 61 teams.

Yup. Me and my daughter. Smokey O's BBQ team. out of Westfield, Ma. 2nd place at the BBQ Bailout in sausage and 1st place in Sausage fattie at the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge. Sorry if I'm proud but my daughter really stepped up to the plate for the 1st place win. Also these were our first two comps. ever.
Picture-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture752.jpg

Picture750.jpg

Congrats on your win.
Sausage looks great! What'd you stuff it with?

BBQ Mayor I did 1/2 Jimmie dean regular and 1/2 ground pork layed it out flat and seasoned, then put 3 slices of deli turkey along with Stove Top stuffing, and whole berry cranberry sauce and a drizzle of brown gravy then dry rubbed it and smoked it with wild cherry wood for 2 hours in the WSM. Then brushed it with my home made cranberry sauce with a touch of cayenne and also mixed with my home made BBQ sauce. Came out fantastic.

Our first comp will be in Tonganoxie, KS in June and we don't expect to win anything :) Our second one will be in Blue Spring, MO in September. We are only going to do 2-3 this year and see how it goes!!

Back