Icbinb (I can't believe it's not butter) as coating

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Icbinb (I can't believe it's not butter) as coating. Pics added.

Was going thru some old threads and saw that some people use ICBINB (I can't believe it's not butter) with their briskets. Does anyone still do this and if so, how do you apply it? Schmear it on before applying a rub? Melt it and add it to an injection? Dip slices in it before turn in?

Last edited:
I've used it as a baste before, by itself and mixed with other ingredients. I don't think it brings much to the table in terms of flavor....at least by itself. But that's just me.....

I don't know about ICBINB but I have started using butter in a marinade that I put on the brisket when I wrap it. Still experimenting but it seems to work OK.

Someone a while back said it makes the meat "shinier". Just wondering how that works.

Actually, I've seen Parkay squeezable used...when the ribs are about done the margerine is applied lavishly to the slab and brown sugar is then applied (again, lavishly)...the ribs then go back in the heat to melt the margerine and sugar...

Definately makes for rib candy!! Oh yeah, I've seen this done with chicken, too.

I saw Parkay used for the first time last weekend at the Irving Cook-Off. It appeared that everyone was using it on their ribs. They were applying it just prior to foiling.

I've seen butter (normally squeeze Parkay), honey, molasses, and who knows what else used.
Never really tried any, but need to someday.

Try some and let us know.

TIM

Moderator's Note--Thread title edited for clarity.

I've seen the ICBINB used on chicken right at the end to add a shine

cmcadams said:
Isn't that what Burt Reynolds wore in Striptease???

Now dat funny
4.gif

I know Mike Davis uses alot of parkay (hopefully we'll get some insite from Plowboy), but I don't know about brisket.

SP said:
I know Mike Davis uses alot of parkay (hopefully we'll get some insite from Plowboy), but I don't know about brisket.

Secrets for sale beginning March 18. :wink:

Actually, I wouldn't do that to Mike Davis.

Gonna split a rack of ribs. Foil half with icbinb (actually Parkay) and the other half with honey.

Just split the rack and put them in the foil. Here's where we are...
honeyribs1.jpg

butterribs1.jpg

I will update when they come out of the foil...

Here are the pics I promised.

This is the ribs with honey coming out of the foil.

honeyribs2.jpg

This is the butter (margarine) ribs coming out of the foil.

butterribs2.jpg

This is both with sauce before going back in the smoker.

honeyvsbutter.jpg

This is the honey ribs coming out of the smoker and sliced.

honeyribssauced.jpg

honeyribssliced.jpg

This is the butter ribs coming out of the smoker and sliced.

butterribssauced.jpg

butterribssliced.jpg

The verdict?

Damn! I make some good ribs!!!

Back