Another Walmart brisket sale

The thing with Wally World is that sometimes there will be some Choice briskies mixed in - for the same price.

I got a choice one there last night for $2.98/pound. That was after seeing only small flats at BJs.

I've never bought meat from WalMart

My WalMart has a "choice" section and a "beef" section.
The "beef" section simply says "USDA Inspected"
I do I know that that is "Select" or "Standard" or something worse.

If it was "Select", I would think they'd call it "Select".
That certainly sounds better than simply "beef" from a sales point of view.

I've never bought meat from WalMart

My WalMart has a "choice" section and a "beef" section.
The "beef" section simply says "USDA Inspected"
I do I know that that is "Select" or "Standard" or something worse.

If it was "Select", I would think they'd call it "Select".
That certainly sounds better than simply "beef" from a sales point of view.

Not labeling grades other than Choice is common practice in many places. If it doesn't say Choice , assume that it isn't.

Never seen an ungraded Walmart brisket, but I have cooked plenty of their selects with good results. All in the brisket selection. Remember, the brisket isn't the part of the cow being graded so you can get a good select or a bad choice.

Im jealous of all these walmart sales. The local walmats Ive checked only carry small flats at around $6 give or take.

Never seen an ungraded Walmart brisket, but I have cooked plenty of their selects with good results. All in the brisket selection. Remember, the brisket isn't the part of the cow being graded so you can get a good select or a bad choice.

I've seen and picked up plenty of Choice and Prime briskets from Walmart during their sales for $1.97. Just have to go early in the day and look through the bin.

I've never liked Wal-Mart meet. Might be me but it never looks fresh, all though they are opening a market store which only sells food so I will check it when it opens.

Walmart briskets have always been good for me....except when they aren't on sale.

are full briskets, point and flat, mainly in cryovac.
Remember, the brisket isn't the part of the cow being graded
That is wise advice. The inspector cuts into the (13th?) rib and determines the quality of the whole animal by his cut into each (?) side of the beef.
We've all seen Choice looking mighty Select, or better, closing in on prime.
That was my last decision for ribeye - bigger, fuller, redder, vs kinda whiter, with much more marbling. Health? Ha! WE WANT TASTE.

Back