Okay - I tried It - Salt Lick T Bone Pron and Vid

Well, I loved the taste. I was surprised it was not saltier than what I normally do, which is season and let it sit.

However, when looking at the video I was sad at the waste of salt. LOL

The steak was seasoned alllllll the way through, very nice. I would also like to try the reverse method with this cut. But I know for a fact, although not as flavorful, reverse cooking was def more tender. Maybe BOTH techniques.

i would think the salt woudl start to cure the meat and dry the outside but since your ony going for an hour, i giess its safe.

By reverse, your talking about reverse sear? Start offset and finish high heat?

i would think the salt woudl start to cure the meat and dry the outside but since your ony going for an hour, i giess its safe.

By reverse, your talking about reverse sear? Start offset and finish high heat?

yes only an hour and yes reverse sear.

Very effective use of jail bait in the vid too by the way. Nice touch

Nice video !!! Steaks look really good.

(BTW... maybe a possible NSFW flag might be helpful for some watching around kids or at work... but I liked them !!)

Well, I loved the taste. I was surprised it was not saltier than what I normally do, which is season and let it sit.

However, when looking at the video I was sad at the waste of salt. LOL

The steak was seasoned alllllll the way through, very nice. I would also like to try the reverse method with this cut. But I know for a fact, although not as flavorful, reverse cooking was def more tender. Maybe BOTH techniques.

I'd be willing to bet the salting & sitting was equally responsible for the tenderness. I've done it and noticed the same result time and time again. While the salt initially pulls moisture out of the meat, by allowing it to sit the whole hour the now thoroughly seasoned juices will act as a brine and be reabsorbed by the meat. The salt then does it's magic on a cellular level, seasoning and tenderizing.

Key here, as shown, is to sit at least an hour in the salt.

excellent video btw....very cool.

I noticed that there was not a lot of juice that exited the steaks. That is a very good thing. I have not cooked a T-Bone but I don't think it acts any different than any other cut when thrown in a fire.

Good job.

on edit: Do they sit at room temp in the salt or in the fridge ?

Last edited:
I had to wait intell my little guy wasn't watching me, but nice video!!

thanks 4 posting the pron!

Back