Heading to Sturgis to vend, looking for ideas

BigBubba'sRoadhouseBBQ

Reaction score
We have been asked to vend at a campground in Sturgis this year. They have 500 campers in the campground. We are doing breakfast and dinner only. This is our menu so far. Looking for any other ideas that would be quick and good
Breakfast
Coffee, Juice, Biscuits/Gravy, breakfast burritos, Eggs/sausage/bacon
Dinner
Pulled pork, ribs, boneless chicken thighs on a stick, Italian sausage on a stick, beans, cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, 1/2 chicken dinner

Thanks for any input

Ray
Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ

I think a version of some type of a cheese and halapeno stuffed fattie sandwich would go well there.

Last edited:
I think a version of some type of a cheeze and halapeno stuffed fattie sandwich would go well there.

Yep, hot, spicy, and filling is what I always liked to find at a motorcycle rally. Do yourself a favor and set aside half a day or so, to cruise Spearfish Canyon. That is one of my favorite drives of all time.

Yep, hot, spicy, and filling is what I always liked to find at a motorcycle rally. Do yourself a favor and set aside half a day or so, to cruise Spearfish Canyon. That is one of my favorite drives of all time.

I totally agree with you Kevin on both points.

do some mild stuff to, did a rally in central miss and a lot of us old farts couldn't
stand the spice or sauce. the money was good, and when there hungry they
want it eat.

How about stopping into Cattle Call and introducing yourself to all the people that are going to share their vast knowledge with you.

Have fun in Sturgis!

We have been asked to vend at a campground in Sturgis this year. They have 500 campers in the campground. We are doing breakfast and dinner only. This is our menu so far. Looking for any other ideas that would be quick and good
Breakfast
Coffee, Juice, Biscuits/Gravy, breakfast burritos, Eggs/sausage/bacon
Dinner
Pulled pork, ribs, boneless chicken thighs on a stick, Italian sausage on a stick, beans, cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, 1/2 chicken dinner

Thanks for any input

Ray
Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ

For breakfast, we do a breakfast taco or breakfast "mess". Mess is fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, onion, topped with salsa in a paper boat - Sells as fast as we can make it. Breakfast taco is the same thing, served over a warm tortilla in a boat.

I will have to say don't go crazy. Go simple stupid. Unless you have the help and budget, easier the menu, the better the bottom line. Yes I agree that ABT's are great and they would buy them (hopefully), but if they were not on the menu no one would miss them. Keep to the main meats and sides. When you spin off track to much is when you see your profit sink. Out of 500 people there I would be maybe one would say I hope they have ABT's. Cook what you know will sell and make money. I will stress one more time, do not cook what they would not expect tp be on the menu although it sounds awesome it will not sell in most cases as good as you would think. Good luck and make that money.

For breakfast, we do a breakfast taco or breakfast "mess". Mess is fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, onion, topped with salsa in a paper boat - Sells as fast as we can make it. Breakfast taco is the same thing, served over a warm tortilla in a boat.

If C Rocke were selling these, I'd buy one...

Breakfast-Sammie.jpg

Those Brat patties that Desert Dweller posted would be good. Wonder if their available in bulk. Chili Cheese Fries.

All I can add is, be prepared to be swamped with customers! Sturgis is a trip, man.

I highly recommend smoking up some Mild and Hot Beef Jerky. Prep ahead of time to 4 oz bags so just have to take money and throw them a bag. Think about things that goes good with Beer.....:icon_cool

Attachments

• BBQ Jerky 055.jpg
    BBQ Jerky 055.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 51
I would do stuff that is different, to set yourself off from the rest. Smoke a bunch of Fatties, do MOINK balls, Atomic Buffalo Turds, Pig Candy and stuff like that. It will get people talking.

Back