McClouth BBQ ******* - Anyone have timelines?

crd26a

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've got a friend in town this weekend and I wanted to try to make it out to judge on Saturday. To say the organizer has been non-responsive to my inqueries (2 emails and a phone call) to let me know if they needed judges is an understatement, so wanted to see if anyone had judge check-in time (we might head out and roll the dice anyways).

Also, if we can't get in and judge and there are any brethern that wouldn't mind someone stopping by an hour or two before turn-in time to say hi and show my friend what a comp spot looks like, I'd appreciate it.

Paul - we'll try to stop by, thanks for the invite :)

Finally got an email and there were a couple spots open, so looks like we'll be judging.

I'll take it back, after emailing for judging on 5/20 (no response), 5/25 as a follow-up (no response), and a call on Monday w/ voicemail and no call back, I got the request yesterday sent to me from the organizer. Just got another email follow-up from him saying he took the first people to respond to his need and that I was out. We might still come out to tour around, but to say I'm less than thrilled with the response is an understatement.

This contest is well known for filling all (or as many spots as possible) with locals. Outsiders are only used as a last resort to fill open spots. On the flip side, I have never seen such a small community support an event like this as well as the town of McLouth.

This contest is well known for filling all (or as many spots as possible) with locals. Outsiders are only used as a last resort to fill open spots. On the flip side, I have never seen such a small community support an event like this as well as the town of McLouth.

I think that its great the community is able to support it and gets a great turnout. If I was irked by anything was simply the lack of communication from the organizer, which I know its not easy pulling these things off. A quick email response or a returned phone call either way isn't ask much, but it could just be the way I handle email / calls with my clients.

Back