Home made Kamados??

txschutte

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone actually added the hardware to the Alton Brown method of two flowerpots? I enjoy building my own cookers and wondered if anyone had done it yet? Am I pipe dreaming? Or should I give it a shot?

Any help would be great.

Go for it! But me I am pipe dreaming. Waiting to here if I get to buy 2 huge tanks I spotted at the scrap yard the other day.

Clay pot mod

Has anyone actually added the hardware to the Alton Brown method of two flowerpots? I enjoy building my own cookers and wondered if anyone had done it yet? Am I pipe dreaming? Or should I give it a shot?

Any help would be great.

When I'm not restoring vintage Japanese Kamados, painting abused RED Weber kettles, building Ugly Drum Smokers or modding a WSM, my Anger Management therapist suggested I find an outlet for the lack of Q' time I've experienced do to lack of exposure to sunlight and stressful working conditions. So I've harnessed that anger and stress and am putting it back in every Kamado I make! But now I'm pi$$ed because I have to build a farkin' kiln big enough to fire them! #$&*%!!!

100_2574.jpg

100_2573.jpg

Seriously though-I've considered making a flowerpot smoker, but unless you already have the parts laying around, hotplate, cast iron skillet/chip tray flower pots, grate etc. its over a C-note! Plus you can't really do a lot with one that you can't do with a craigslist Kettle IMHO.

Back