Beautiful Day in Carolina for Smoking

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I got a late start, around 11:30 am, but am indeed Smoking on this fine day in Carolina...
DrumPit Fired Up and Ready to Go:
drum_1.jpg
Today's menu includes 12lb. Ham rubbed with Olive Oil and Crushed Rosemary, 5lb. Chuck seasoned with S&P, Garlic and Chili Powders and SweetTaters:
meat_2.jpg
After 2 and a half hours I took the Taters off and snapped this of the progress so far:
ham_3.jpg
Look at that Chuck, MMMMMMM!!!
chuck_4.jpg
When I took the Taters off I put some Link Sausages on to Smoke, Pix to Follow

I couldn't have timed this better. Ham off @140*
ham_ready_5.jpg
Chuck off @180* Going to slice it thin for Fajitas and Tacos
chuck_ready_6.jpg
Sausages off @160*
sausages_ready_7.jpg
I set the Oven on Warm and I'm gonna let everything
rest for a while:
ham_rest_8.jpg
chuck_rest_9.jpg
Except for this here, which is gonna rest in my belly:twisted:
sausage_rest_10.jpg

N8man, that all looks fantastic!!!!!! Headin over to my bud's house shortly for some brisket, ribs, and pork loin. I'll take some pics for later. Anyway, that sure looks good!!!

Good job Brother, enjoy the rewards of a good days cook.

Looks good, but where's the main course?
This would be the opening course:
Skint and mashed the SweetTaters with Butter, Nutmeg, AllSpice, Cinnamon,
ButterPecan Syrup and a Shot Glass of Bourbon. PanFried some CornBread and Sliced some of that Wonderful Hickory Smoked Ham MMMMMMMMMM!!:-D
Suppertyme_11.jpg
I'm As Full As A Tick on a CoonDog's A$$:p

N8man how long did the chuckie take on the drum?
I'm thinking of cooking one Sunday and the drum will be cooker of choice and I haven't cooked a chuck on it yet.
Everything looked great. :cool:

N8man how long did the chuckie take on the drum?
I'm thinking of cooking one Sunday and the drum will be cooker of choice and I haven't cooked a chuck on it yet.
Everything looked great. :cool:
To reach 180* the Chuck was on for 5.5 hours. Side Temp Gauge read 200* so I was cooking around 250* I plan on slicing this Chuck and I feel 180* is
a good temp for that. If you want to pull the Chuck like a Butt instead, you will have to take it up to and perhaps beyond 200-205* until a probe will enter it like Butter. I didn't foil this one, but you may want to double foil at 160* with some beef broth and continue the cook from there. Good Luck with your cook Sunday.

Back