Competition Attendance Levels

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello,

What are the comps that have the highest attendance by the public and what are those attendance numbers?

The events don't HAVE to be just BBQ. They could be BBQ/Grilling or BBQ/music or BBQ/whatever.

Your help is appreciated.

Eric

You might want to contact Sandy from Salisbury. One of the busiest i have seen that and Harpoon

Eric... I'm blanking on the name of the event. But there was one a few weeks ago in in the South West that was gigantic in terms of attending. (NM I believe)

The Royal or MIM I would guess are the biggest. Even just counting competitors the Royal has to be one of the biggest.

Last edited:
houston livestock show, great american (kc),reno rib, all have pretty high attendence levels, exact numbers unknown to me

New Hampshire Rock-n-Ribfest gets around 30K people over the three day event from what I understand.

Houston for sure, and the rib burnoffs like Reno, Naperville, Cleveland and of course the Poteet Strawberry Festival.

Hudson Valley Ribfest had 13,000 spectators last year. Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ Festival in Columbia MO had 35K per day for two days last september

AR 2007:Over 450 teams entered the American Royal BBQ contest this year with over 70,000 people in attendance

Smoke on the Water Barbecue & Music Festival has become the largest event in South Arkansas with an annual attendance of over 25,000. The annual festival is always held the third weekend in September.

We have been to a few contests that had alot of people but not as many as mentioned above.

The Phantom BBQ Beach party on City Hall Plaza in Boston was huge. I don't know the attendance numbers but it had to be over 50,000 in two days. They are expanding it to 4 days this year to accommodate all the people.

The Hudson Valley Ribfest has a ton of public too. The Vendor lines stretch across the field

The NH Rockin Rib Fest claims they had 25K spectators last year. www.rotaryribfest.org

KCBS Road Show

IF you look at the KCBS road show listing, my understanding is that each event has over 50,000 visitors. That is how the events were chosen. Hope this helps Eric.

The good Dr mentioned the Poteet Strawberry Festival. I live just up the road and was going to cook in it this year until they canceled the cook-off. No reason was given for the cancellation. Here are the attendance numbers from their website.

[FONT=Arial, HELVETICA][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]The Annual Strawberry Fest hit the ground running that very first year. Approximately 5,000 people arrived to the enjoy the party in 1948 and now the Festival Association can expect over 100,000 to trek through the Festival Grounds during Festival Weekend. That first year volunteers were only from Poteet. In 2007, over 8,000 volunteers from all over Texas, other states, and a few foreign countries arrived to help stage this major Texas spring event.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

The good Dr mentioned the Poteet Strawberry Festival. I live just up the road and was going to cook in it this year until they canceled the cook-off. No reason was given for the cancellation. Here are the attendance numbers from their website.

[FONT=Arial, HELVETICA][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]The Annual Strawberry Fest hit the ground running that very first year. Approximately 5,000 people arrived to the enjoy the party in 1948 and now the Festival Association can expect over 100,000 to trek through the Festival Grounds during Festival Weekend. That first year volunteers were only from Poteet. In 2007, over 8,000 volunteers from all over Texas, other states, and a few foreign countries arrived to help stage this major Texas spring event.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Found this on another site about the comp:
the Strawberry Festival BBQ, Poteet, TX has been cancelled due to the location assigned for the event wasn't adequate to hold an event - therefore it has been cancelled this year.

April 11/12 - Poteet Strawberry Festival

The festival itself will be going on but NO BBQ cook-off

Back