4/18-19 WildCat BBQ Bash, Manhattan KS

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So who is going to be in Manhattan, KS next weekend??? HoDeDo's will be there in full force. A couple of the "1st Generation" HoDeDos played football at KSU, so this is a huge party for thier Spring Game.

See everyone out there!!!

We won't be able to go we've got a track meet. Some of the guys I usually team up with will be there they'll be cooking for "Purple Wave BBQ".

Purple wave like the auction site folks? Thats cool... I have a family contingent cooking this weekend... Smoke On Wheels will be there -- my Brother in Law and Sis will be cooking it solo, as I have to be there as a HoDeDo. My cousin will be there - FuBar-B-Q -- So 3 of us are going to be on the hunt.

sorry we'll miss ya out there. I wanted to that Country smoker, and Swisher in action !!!!

No not the auction site, this http://www.purplewave.org/ they do charters for K-State football these are the guys we compete with in Lenexa. Would like to get to go haven't been to Manhattan in awhile. Hope the wheather works out for you this weekend. By the way the Swisher cooks some killer chicken.

Way to go, Andy!!!

2nd Ribs
4th Pork
2nd Brisket

42nd Chicken!!!!!! Come one, dude. 2nd's for the last two weeks and you pull a 42?

First off, great scores on three catagories......and congrats on the RGC....

But....42nd in chicken? Did you forget to take the feathers off?? :confused: I can't wait for the explaination for this.....you had to do something you normally don't do.:confused:

Way to go, Andy!!!

2nd Ribs
4th Pork
2nd Brisket

42nd Chicken!!!!!! Come one, dude. 2nd's for the last two weeks and you pull a 42?

First off, great scores on three catagories......and congrats on the RGC....

But....42nd in chicken? Did you forget to take the feathers off?? :confused: I can't wait for the explaination for this.....you had to do something you normally don't do.:confused:

Guys - no explanation here... I turned in the chicken I always do -- there was a bad table of judges, apparently. Munchin Hogs took 4th.... and had a bad table on his pork... Also heard that from others. Looking at the scores, that is all I can think it was. a 30th would have gotten me the Grand.
TRUST me the 42nd is definitely on the brain. As I mentioned earlier, Smoke on Wheels was also cooking there... Matt was running with it alone this weekend... and his version of our chicken took 6th!!! Hey - who am I kidding... with all the teams that were there; I was happy just to get a call!!! Getting 4 calls with the caliber of team cooking there that were... I'm still buzzin!!!

Thanks for all the congrats guys!!! I appreciate it. Still walkin in the clouds

Wow, congrats to Matt, too. Bet he was super proud of that. Big comp.

Andy hey congrats again on your finish. What fun person and what a treat to be parked right next to you. Our camp being right in bewteen the GC and the RGC, maybe its a sign! Congrats again and good luck next week!

Wow, congrats to Matt, too. Bet he was super proud of that. Big comp.
My sis has been talkin trash on chicken all week, so they could have taken DAL, and as long as they beat me in chicken, I think she would have been happy :) Matt offered to leave her on I-70 on the way home.:wink: I think he was happy with their finish overall, and was very happy with the chicken. Great to hear both names at the same contest!!!

Andy hey congrats again on your finish. What fun person and what a treat to be parked right next to you. Our camp being right in bewteen the GC and the RGC, maybe its a sign! Congrats again and good luck next week!

Guys, Jon is a professional - satellite, 32" HDTV, Outdoor tunes, including Flogging Molly!!! They bring their A game to the KSU tailgate. Sweet setup... Never been able to watch UFC (Go GSP!!) while packing camp up before. It was alot of fun being neighbors. And he has the WSM's working!!!

Andy, I just saw this news... congrats on a fantastic showing! You are starting off the season farking hot bro! Keep it rolling!

You aren't cooking St. Joseph, are you? :eek::eek: :lol:

Andy, I just saw this news... congrats on a fantastic showing! You are starting off the season farking hot bro! Keep it rolling!

You aren't cooking St. Joseph, are you? :eek::eek: :lol:

Jeff I had heard he is gunning for you. So keep your head down.

Back