Using pyrex on the egg question

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Can you safely use Pyrex baking pans on the egg to cook in? I would think it would work as long as I use the plate setter and don't go nuts with the temp. Thoughts??

I don't know about the egg but I have used them in my smoker.

From what I have read the max suggested temp is 425 so you are good to go except for high temp cooks. Be careful when it comes off of the BGE though and don't set it down on something really cold.

I've heard of some Pyrex baking dishes breaking in the Egg so I have avoided them. I use Corning Ware, don't know what the max temp rating is but so far no problems.
100_1894.jpg

If it's okay for the oven, I use it in my Egg (of course at the same temps I would use in the oven). I do have two strips of angle iron I use to set things on for some air space. I use these under my dutch oven too.

4641d6d3.jpg

If it's okay for the oven, I use it in my Egg (of course at the same temps I would use in the oven). I do have two strips of angle iron I use to set things on for some air space. I use these under my dutch oven too.

4641d6d3.jpg

That was kind of what i was figuring on. Just use as I would in the house oven. I have some angle iron I can use too. Thanks!

Back