so just how much is the wind farking with your smoke tonight

RichardF

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
for those smoking tonight or tomorrow with all this nasty weather we are having, here's a litle experiment. on an android smart phone (i'm sure they have the same thing for iphones) go to the play store and type in *infrared camera* i downloaded fingersoft thermal camera. once downloaded and open, point the camera at your pit and look for hot and cold spots. watch what happens to the windward side when you get a strong gust. if there's a constant wind, check to see if there's a temperature gradient between the side facing and facing away from the wind. you can also check how well your door seals. it's not a high-grade infrared camera, but it will work for our puropses. this should keep you busy for at least 10 minutes :redface:

Downloading now, I'll try it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info.

Just downloaded it...yep will try tomorrow also

5 metal t posts set up around your smoker and wrapped in plastic sheeting or vis-queen will knock the wind off for you..

Downloaded. I can play with this for hours.

I have a flip phone. What am I going to do for 10 minutes? Guess I'll just drink beer instead :biggrin:

Just pull smoker into your garage but leave door open. Y has no-one posted a screen shot?

The wind don't mess with a Spicewine….

that's not too much of a surprise. a lot of thought an care went into the design/build of those cookers, that's for sure. if i woke up one moring and had my mind set on a cabinet smoker that would be tops on teh list. i kept thinking i was going to win teh one that got raffled of every year.

Going to down load this..............I'll be entertained for way longer than 10 minutes :tsk:

Back