Anyone heard of FLIP insurance

If it sounds to good to be true ... Don't hire a cheap lawyer, doctor, hooker or insurance person! They cost a lot when you need something done right.

I have no idea what typical business insurance costs for a food business, but that's just slightly more than I pay for 2-million bucks of liability for my photography business, and coverage for my equipment. The liability insurance is the MOST important thing.

Google the heck out of them, and see what you find for experiences.

CD

**Please note these are brief definitions of coverages and your policy may be more restrictive in its language. It is essential that you refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions.

Due Dilligence....Due Dilligence. Not making any judgements but definitely check them out thoroughly.

Sounds like they are legitimate. I may check into their policies myself. The price point is good.

They seem to be referring to Vendors liability. Don't see any mention of this extending to catering or a fixed operation. Anybody have their coverage?

You do have to wonder though why a company offering liability insurance is a LLC themselves. And yes, they offer insurance to caterers, but not fixed such as a restaurant. I would do a lot of research before using them. It does sound too good to be true.

In a previous life I owned an agency from the second largest insurer in North America. If it was a risk they wanted... it was cheap. If it was a risk they did not want... it was expensive.

Case in point. A certain specialty doctor could have a policy that included malpractice and professional liability for under $5k while other specialties started over at over $100k, while others simply were not insurable.

I have no knowledge of this company or policy, but I always want to be insured by people looking for my type of risk. There are numerous advantages in addition to a great price.

Do your research and if it checks out... you will have a happy life with some one who wants your business.

I carry my insurance local. It is just a phone call away, or a stop by the office to talk with the pros. Every event we vend wants to have a copy of our insurance policy. I just call the secretary and she sends it off, I have to do nothing. We had an event last year, where the city clerk of the city we were vending kept losing our policy, finally our agent called her himself, and had her stay on the phone while he emailed the policy with her, he then kept her on the phone while answering her questions about the policies date, and compliance with the event requirements.

I carry my insurance local. It is just a phone call away, or a stop by the office to talk with the pros. Every event we vend wants to have a copy of our insurance policy. I just call the secretary and she sends it off, I have to do nothing. We had an event last year, where the city clerk of the city we were vending kept losing our policy, finally our agent called her himself, and had her stay on the phone while he emailed the policy with her, he then kept her on the phone while answering her questions about the policies date, and compliance with the event requirements.

Ain't Bureaucrats Great!!!!! :becky: And you've got one GREAT ins agent!!!

Back