• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thank you BBQ-Brethren-Left over Brisket Chili

garzanium

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well- we had a chili cookoff at work today...im not going to lie to you guys and gals...I never made chili in my life..most I know about it is Hormel from a can LOL

I quickly consulted the Brethren archives..well..ran into this good ol recipe/walkthrough.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134996

Guess who had a competition last week? This guy..and boy did I have some good left over brisket..:blabla:

Anyways- got it all cooked up minus the gravy stuff as I couldnt find it..first taste blew me away!

Guess who won the $100 chili cookoff giftcard! This guy...:clap:

to top it off..went after work to the metal store to buy metal to work on my basting deflector for my backwoods..as im paying the guy tells me. "oh, thats all your getting- take it" SWEET!

Get home, my neighbor asks for some help on his truck- I end up doing it all for him and helped him out a ton(disabled vet- has zero tools) by getting under the truck myself and mounting some fog lights..glad the stubborn SOB asked for my help finally

Now I sit down and crack open some home made Apple Pie moonshine- here is to a good day and the Brethren!

Congrats. Putting brisket in any chili recipe will kick it up a notch or two.
no joke..brisket should be considered a flavor-performance enhancing drug..soo good its cheating.

The one I tossed in there was butter. Ran it at the competition for almost 12 hrs then rested for 1 hr..in a backwoods thats a really long time- but it was a good piece that had plently of fat.

I plan to do that for the annual chili cook off I go to...

Yup that was an awesome day for sure. Congrats on winning the chili cook off too

Back