The build has begun!!!

Thanks again for all the compliments. I'm taking it Friday to the painter. I'm hoping he has it done a few days after that so I can get the seasoning started since there is a comp on Labor Day weekend that we have already entered. I haven't decided on color yet my creativity with that stuff sucks.

I got it back from the paint shop. It looks pretty good. I wish I would have taken some more time in a few spots but its ok. We went with satin high head on the box and chamber. Victory red on the trailer and boxes. This a pic from when I picked it up. Not a good pic.

Last edited:
Yep the pic is crooked. Don't know how to fix it.
I have added a prep table and a light since the last time I posted some construction pics.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the light post. It makes a big difference when looking in the chamber.

Last edited:
I picked up a chrome stack this afternoon. I couldn't stand the black one. I am super super happy with how the insulated box works as far as how much wood it takes to maintain temp.

Last edited:
That's really nice!! You're gonna enjoy it much more since you built it. Can't wait to hear how it does. Good luck with your comp.

Wow... what a great build. Seems I like the builds on this site just as much as the BBQ!

Back