The build has begun!!!

I can't tell you how impressed I am with the quality of work your doing. Looking forward to following the progress!

Thanks for the positive come t everybody. I appreciate it. I e been working my tail off on this thing and I'm trying to do everything right. I just hope it comes out good.

I made some pretty good headway today. Got a lot done. I decided to add some burners for beans or chili. The wheels look and fit good some that was a relief.

Last edited:
The fenders were kind of a pain but they came out good.

Last edited:
Are all you guys in Texas natural born welders?
Your work is stellar brother can't wait to see it done.

Looking good dude, very well done.
One of these days, I'll buy a plasma cutter and a TIG welder.
One of these days......

That's a nice lookin rig there. Is the box insulated?

I looked at putting upper racks but it would take up too much room plus you couldn't see the back of lower rack. It should be ready for paint by Tuesday at lunch. I have a buddy that will paint it. The box and chamber will be satin high heat but the trailer I'm thinking about gun metal gray with clear coat.

Are all you guys in Texas natural born welders?
Your work is stellar brother can't wait to see it done.

I taught myself to weld when I was 12 and I'm 42 now so I been doing it a long time. The best investment I ever made was the plasma cutter. Tig welding is nice but I don't have the patience for it

Yes fire box is insulated 2" (Super Efficient) . You are right. The upper rack are in the way of mine. I have shorten them by 6" from the pictures in the tread. Plus they are removable. If I had it to do over. No upper racks, but I would have a sausage bar to hang and smoke sausages. On mine, you have to the bottom racks out they don't slide. I think that might bother some but works for me. Paint I was going to paint mine metallic grey from http://www.kbs-coatings.com/, but things changed. And the Mrs. liked black so that is the way I went. I'm only about 90 miles from you I might come check out your rig someday when you finish.

Yes fire box is insulated 2" (Super Efficient) . You are right. The upper rack are in the way of mine. I have shorten them by 6" from the pictures in the tread. Plus they are removable. If I had it to do over. No upper racks, but I would have a sausage bar to hang and smoke sausages. On mine, you have to the bottom racks out they don't slide. I think that might bother some but works for me. Paint I was going to paint mine metallic grey from http://www.kbs-coatings.com/, but things changed. And the Mrs. liked black so that is the way I went. I'm only about 90 miles from you I might come check out your rig someday when you finish.
Sound good, there is a big cook off in Buffalo Gap called the chili super bowl on th holiday weekend and we will be there with the new cooker. It's a pretty good time and you'll get to see the worlds larges chili bowl.
Do you have a pic you can post of the upper racks?

Yeah it's the Labor Day weekend. What town do you live in?

Completed and ready for paint in 7 days. I surprised myself on this one!!!

Last edited:
Back