Noob with first awful post

BecknCO

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I tried posting in the new member forum, but that's apparently locked out for me, and I tried searching, but apparently I can't figure out how to do that either. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so please feel free to move it mr. mod.

Anywho...I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm looking forward to having fun here. My name's Beck, and I live in a pretentious backwater suburb of a suburb in south metro Denver, CO. So far the HOA has banned my use of smoking with the 22.5" OTS, so I built a mini WSM and now hide it behind the weber Q320 on the patio so no one will see my evil smoking deeds.

I've only tried a small pork butt (dried out and ruined it), fatty (pretty darn good), and spatchcocked chicken (very nice). I look forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Welcome to the forum Beck, sorry to hear of your rough start!

Welcome Beck and so sorry to hear that you are having problems smoking. I have been smoking for many years now and I feel your pain. No longer can I smoke on planes, trains or rented automobiles. I still find a way as you have! Good luck and welcome! Nice to have you here!
Jed

Welcome to the forum. If you are into cooking fatties you will find heaps of comrades on this forum.

I'll be a Gentleman and hit the REPORT buttin for you..

Those lazy Mods need a good shakeup...:wink:

Geez... not even one day as a Quintessential Chatty Farker and you pushing our buttons :-D

Welocme, Beck! I'm not sure why you are having trouble posting in Cattle Call. There is a techie section of the forum where you can post and our admin will see it and check your ID to see if it is OK. Also, make sure that you are logged in.

"What" did they ban? Grilling? Smoking? Cooking with charcoal? Is the 'smoke' bothersome?

Welcome to the site. It has cost me a lot of money, but really is full of lots of helpful information :)

Welcome!

You have just taken your first step into a larger world.

Tell us about your rig, and how those cooks went. Pix help too. I've made some mistakes on the smokers, and so has everyone else. Flame-ups, flameouts, fallen pits, rained on rigs, thieves, angry wives....you get the picture.

Welocme, Beck! I'm not sure why you are having trouble posting in Cattle Call. There is a techie section of the forum where you can post and our admin will see it and check your ID to see if it is OK. Also, make sure that you are logged in.

If you can post here, you sure should be able to put one in Cattle Call. I think you just tried the wrong place, brother. No biggie!

Hey Beck, you have to fight the Man. Isn't the right to smoke in the constitution?

Welcome to the forum, man. Sorry to hear about your Nazi-runned neighborhood, that's farking ridiculous. Personally I'd think about relocating!

Sorry you had a 'dry butt'. (Sounds very wrong, in so many ways)
There is more good information on this forum than you can use.
It's a great source. I love it.
For the time being, stick to what you do best, and read what the Brethren have done. Quick education, because you can read our mistakes, and things we have tried to correct them.

Caution... This forum will inspire you to try new things, and new techniques.

Usually the smell of smoker smoke attracts people, not detest them. Must be communist in the neighborhood.

Wow - that's a helluva welcome - thanks! I see my idiotic problem was now trying to post in the "welcome to our humble abode - new member forum" - it's nothing but stickies - that shoulda been my first clue :roll:

I unfortunately live in a condo complex in greenwood village. Some dude's got a Hastybake on his third story balcony so the HOA can s__ it. They sent me a letter stating that the only allowed grills are those that are connected to the natural gas line (so my big tank on the gasser is also illegal apparently). I think some troll narc'ed on me when I tried to do the pork butt on the 22.5 OTS. I was out there all day drankin, playing music, and it by the time I hit 190 it was 1am (started at 2:30pm). I was lit more than any coals at that point, and it came out like jerky. Not sure what I did wrong, but it rained a bit, didn't foil or inject since it was my first time, but the temps in the smoker were about 225-250 99% of the time. Damn thing stalled at about 162 for at least 4+ hours. Used the recommended maverick et732. Could definitely use some help on that front. It was only about 2.3lbs, so maybe that was it too.

My set up might be a little ridiculous. I have 15'x4' patio on which there exists the Q320, 22.5"OTS, smokey joe silver, and now mini WSM. I've gone a little nuts with all this lately, and it doesn't help that I'm on the first floor - right on front street for all to see.

I dream of competing in a competition one day. Maybe the Kicka$$ BBQ competition in South Park (yes, that South Park). I'm already kind of pudgy, white and have a fairly metal beard/goatee - so I figure I already look the part = half way there.

Pics would sure be helpful, and after I paint the mini, I'll be sure to post those. I was thinking of a steelers logo that I've seen before, but our colorado flag is also pretty awesome. That thing is amazing, and I can't wait to do more. I'm making some bread and herb stuffing right now to stuff a pork loin with and smoke it tomorrow. Can't wait, and I'll do my best for some pics.

Last edited:
Back